Add category count to status info bar

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

DoubleD

Add category count to status info bar

Post by DoubleD »

I search but I guess I didn't know how to word it

When viewing a photos in a directory (not sure what that mode is called) I Can I add category counts to the status bar ?

So like when I'm viewing a photo I see [current file count]/[total file count] [type] [file size] ... can I add something like [excellent category count]
cday
XnThusiast

Re: Add category count to status info bar

Post by cday »

The parameters displayed in the status bar can be selected in Tools > Settings... > View -- Info tab ; if you click on Insert there is a drop-down list of the available parameters.

If the setting you require isn't listed you can make a request for it to be added...

Note: I edited the title of your post, is the revised title satisfactory?
DoubleD

Re: Add category count to status info bar

Post by DoubleD »

cday wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:06 pm The parameters displayed in the status bar can be selected in Tools > Settings... > View -- Info tab ; if you click on Insert there is a drop-down list of the available parameters.

If the setting you require isn't listed you can make a request for it to be added...

Note: I edited the title of your post, is the revised title satisfactory?
I tried what you suggested but I'm bit sure if I was clear. I'm going to include a couple of photos with a circle around where I'd like to see the count
Image https://cloud.disorbo.us/f/9a7d63c2ee08462085ce/ and Image https://cloud.disorbo.us/f/6054e76448e24731bdc1/both in the browser and image view (it would help if I used the right terms I think what I call image view is really edit mode?? )

I volunteer as a Media Maker for USBands and I submit photos to them. Typically I take anywhere from 100 to 200 photos per band at competitions, To make photos manageable I can only submit up to 30 of the best photo. I have been deleting the photos but on occasion parents ask me for a copy of their child. Since I deleted I can not supply one. I was thinking if I use categories and I know how many I flag as excellent I would know when I have 30 then I can copy the excellent in a new folder ...
XnViewMP2.png
XnViewMP1.png