.kqp to .jpg Conversion Errors

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

joolz

.kqp to .jpg Conversion Errors

Post by joolz »

I have about 20 Konica Picture Show floppy discs with photos on them. I've used my external floppy disc reader to upload the files to my iMac & downloaded XnView to convert them to .jpgs. I can successfully load the .kqp files to XnView, but when I try to convert them to .jpg I get nothing but error messages. I've tried several different discs to make sure it's not just a damaged disc, but this is the story every time. Can you advise me? Thank you!
cday
XnThusiast

Re: .kqp to .jpg Conversion Errors

Post by cday »

joolz wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:41 am I have about 20 Konica Picture Show floppy discs with photos on them. I've used my external floppy disc reader to upload the files to my iMac & downloaded XnView to convert them to .jpgs.

I can successfully load the .kqp files to XnView, but when I try to convert them to .jpg I get nothing but error messages.
Could you upload an example file [in a ZIP, 2MiB the current forum attachment limit]?
joolz

Post by joolz »

I've been unsuccessful in loading it here. It says, "Invalid file extension: 11__8.KQP". I've tried several on the disc & they won't let me attach them.
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

joolz wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:27 pm I've been unsuccessful in loading it here. It says, "Invalid file extension: 11__8.KQP". I've tried several on the disc & they won't let me attach them.
You have to put files with unusual file extensions in a ZIP (or similar archive): only a few common extensions can be attached directly...
joolz

Post by joolz »

Got it! Here are the zips of the files I haven't been able to convert. Thanks for your help!
Attachments
Konica Files.zip
(978.41 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

The first file opens immediately for me in XnView MP 0.89 on Linux using File > Open... in the viewer, or by double-clicking the file in the file browser. :D

Update:

Also using XnView MP 0.89 on Windows, and saves to JPEG format:

04__1.jpg
04__1.jpg (33.65 KiB) Viewed 1146 times

Once a file is opened successfully there should be no issue saving it to any supported format, a bitmap is a bitmap...

Note that in XnView MP JPEG compression is set in the viewer File > Format settings... -- Write tab

Possibly a Mac issue??

If you still have a problem, possibly there is a setting I have enabled that is relevant, but I think probably not.
joolz

Post by joolz »

I don't know what happened, but everything just converted instantaneously! Thanks for working your magic!