How do I reset category filter?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Nedformakkel

How do I reset category filter?

Post by Nedformakkel »

:shock: So sorry, I need help: I work with the categories and the filter works great too. But, how can I reset the filter so that I can see all the pictures again? I've searched a lot here (including Google and Co) and watched the YouTube movies, it seems like it's sooo easy. So please explain that to me :shock: :? Thanks a lot
michel038
XnThusiast

Re: XnView MP for Beginners

Post by michel038 »

how can I reset the filter
If you mean the Filter button in the toolbar, there is a "all" item.

If you are talking about Categories Filter, you can go to "Folders" tab, and select a folder.

In Categories filter, there is also a "special item" where you can find "All" . But this one looks for all pictures in the database, and this can take a long while ...

You can also right-click on a photo, and select "Open containing folder" to go back to the folder that you were looking for ....
Nedformakkel

Re: XnView MP for Beginners

Post by Nedformakkel »

michel038 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:58 pm Tyvm michel038 Thanks for the patient answer
how can I reset the filter
If you mean the Filter button in the toolbar, there is a "all" item.
yes, thats not the problem and it works fine for me...
If you are talking about Categories Filter, you can go to "Folders" tab, and select a folder.
ok, so I have to change my Layout, but this is worth a try, at last as workaround
In Categories filter, there is also a "special item" where you can find "All" . But this one looks for all pictures in the database, and this can take a long while ...
Ok, I will try this as well...BUT Would not it be a nice idea to be able to switch off the category filter with a keystroke? I would very much welcome that
You can also right-click on a photo, and select "Open containing folder" to go back to the folder that you were looking for ....
Well yes, once again: I have to change my Layout... but yes I will do
Attachments
2019-12-09_Filter_All.jpg