Opened image in memory

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

sfg

Opened image in memory

Post by sfg »

Hi,

I have an issue with how XnView MP seems to keep an opened image in memory and doesn't update it when the image is modified in another program.
XnView classic didn't do that.

So, say I double click and image to view it in fullscreen which opens it in a tab (for god knows what reason) and then I modify it in Photoshop... when I get back to XnView and double click on it again it's just like it was before. The only way to get it to work is to either double-click on another image and then back to the modified image or press Ctrl-R to reload it.

Why doesn't it reload automatically and where can I set it to do that if possible at all?

And what's the purpose of not being able to disable tabs? I don't need them. I can't imagine any reason as to why I'd want it to keep a ton of images in memory. I set it to have a maximum of 1 tab, but that 1 tab still remains open after I go back to the browser from fullscreen. Why? Why is this not optional?
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Opened image in memory

Post by xnview »

sfg wrote: I have an issue with how XnView MP seems to keep an opened image in memory and doesn't update it when the image is modified in another program.
XnView classic didn't do that.

So, say I double click and image to view it in fullscreen which opens it in a tab (for god knows what reason) and then I modify it in Photoshop... when I get back to XnView and double click on it again it's just like it was before. The only way to get it to work is to either double-click on another image and then back to the modified image or press Ctrl-R to reload it.
The tab is closed when you go back to browser?
Why doesn't it reload automatically and where can I set it to do that if possible at all?
View mode doesn't reload automatically picture file
And what's the purpose of not being able to disable tabs? I don't need them. I can't imagine any reason as to why I'd want it to keep a ton of images in memory. I set it to have a maximum of 1 tab, but that 1 tab still remains open after I go back to the browser from fullscreen. Why? Why is this not optional?
Do you use ESC to go back to browser mode?
Pierre.
sfg

Re: Opened image in memory

Post by sfg »

I since gave up on MP, because of this and other issues, like limited renaming options.

But to answer your questions, no, the tab wasn't closing when going back to the browser. As opposed to the normal XNView in which it does.
And I use double-click to go back to the browser. Which again, in normal XNView, closes the current tab.

Also, I understand that view mode doesn't reload automatically. What I meant is that in MP, going out of view mode and back to the same picture wouldn't reload it to reflect any changes done to in the meantime. Because it keeps it open in a tab. If the tab closed automatically like in normal XNView then I guess it would reload when opening it again.