Displaying assigned colors for vector formats with thumbnail caching enabled

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

igel

Displaying assigned colors for vector formats with thumbnail caching enabled

Post by igel »

Displaying assigned collors for vector formats with thumbnail caching enabled

I have assigned colors for different vector formats by editing xnview.ini:

Code: Select all

formatColor-26="[ai],254 252 192,0 0 0"
formatColor-27="[ps],225 255 230,0 0 0"
formatColor-28="[eps],225 255 230,0 0 0"
formatColor-29="[epsf],225 255 230,0 0 0"
formatColor-30="[svg],215 237 254,0 0 0"
useFormatColor=true
Everything works fine for all my folders as long as thumbnail caching is not enabled.
If I enable thumbnail caching one of the folders doesn't display the assigned color for all of its vector files.
The first 121 thumbnails are displayed correct while the rest till 137 have the wrong color (svg, svgz files showing the color for ai files). Deleting and rebuilding thumbnails doesn't help.
As soon as I disable thumbnail caching the right color for all the 137 files will be displayed.

All other folders (which are containing less files, max. 123) are displaying the colors for vector formats fine with both, thumbnail caching enabled and disabled.

It looks like for showing up the assigned colors for vector formtas there is a problem during caching if the folder exceeds a certain number of vector files.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Displaying assigned collors for vector formats with thumbnail caching enabled

Post by xnview »

igel wrote: It looks like for showing up the assigned colors for vector formtas there is a problem during caching if the folder exceeds a certain number of vector files.
no i don't think that's the problem. Could you copy in an empty folder, the files with incorrect color? Colors are always incorrect?
Pierre.
igel

Re: Displaying assigned collors for vector formats with thumbnail caching enabled

Post by igel »

xnview wrote:Could you copy in an empty folder, the files with incorrect color? Colors are always incorrect?
If I create a new folder, the respective files have the correct color with and without thumbnail caching enabled.

As soon as I disable thumbnail caching the correct colors are displayed in the problematic folder as well. (It's about svg and svgz files.)
If I enable thumbnail caching for the problematic folder the first 121 files have always the correct color while the rest 122-137 have the wrong color (the one assigned for ai files). I have tried in vain to delete all thumbnails of the problematic folder and to rebuild them. Always the same result after restarting XnViewMP.

It's not a matter of wrong headers. BTW, the files were made with Adobe Illustrator and Inkscape by me.

I might be wrong but the size of the folder doesn't seem to make any difference whereas the number of files in the folder seems to have.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

sorry but i can't reproduce this problem
Pierre.
igel

Re: Displaying assigned colors for vector formats with thumbnail caching enabled

Post by igel »

Thanks for testing.

I have to apologize for taking your time in vain.
It works for me too now.
I still don't know what caused the problem but for sure it was something on my side.

After deleting again all cached directories several times and flushing the file cache, all files in all folders have now the correct colors. 8)