Add text in a photo

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

jojopara

Add text in a photo

Post by jojopara »

Hello,

How do I add a text in/under i photo? I am with XnView MP Linux
Version 0.86 64bits (Apr 25 2017).

Thank you!
cday
XnThusiast

Re: add text in a photo

Post by cday »

jojopara wrote:How do I add a text in/under i photo? I am with XnView MP Linux
Version 0.86 64bits (Apr 25 2017).
Image > Draw... has a Text tool...

If you wish to place text under an image, you will need to use Image > Canvas resize... to add new blank canvas below the existing image...

If you experiment a bit, you should be able to figure out how to get the results you need! :wink:
jojopara

Re: Add text in a photo

Post by jojopara »

I have found and used Image > Draw to no avail - the text does not appear!

As to Canvas resize, I can only use the photo area, not go out of it and a can not type text in the re-sizable box. It would be perfect if I can add a box under the photo.
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

jojopara wrote:I have found and used Image > Draw to no avail - the text does not appear!
When you start typing text in the text box, you should see a black cross when you more the mouse over the image; when you click on the image the text should be placed where you click, and if you then move the mouse over the text it should be possible to move the text...
As to Canvas resize, I can only use the photo area, not go out of it and a can not type text in the re-sizable box. It would be perfect if I can add a box under the photo.
You said you might wish to place text under a photo??
jojopara

Post by jojopara »

Yes, I would like to be able to put a text under a photo. I can't cope with the Draw command. I read that older versions have Add text command. How do I find and install one? I have still not given up the latest version, though.
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

jojopara wrote:Yes, I would like to be able to put a text under a photo.
Then you need to use Image > Canvas resize... to add new [white] canvas below the existing image, but you will probably need to experiment a bit to find the best settings to use.
jojopara wrote:I can't cope with the Draw command. I read that older versions have Add text command. How do I find and install one? I have still not given up the latest version, though.
If you click on the text tool and then move the mouse over the image, do you see a black cross cursor?

If so, it is probably best to experiment a bit more to discover how to use the tool, as the tool in XnView Classic [downloadable from the XnView.com home page] is generally similar...

If you see the above mouse cursor, you can then enter the selected text by clicking on the image where you wish to place the text, after entering the text and setting up the text properties.