FullScreen <> Browser switching

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Surge

Re: FullScreen <> Browser switching

Post by Surge »

Yes, but then when I double click in the browser it goes to viewer, not fullscreen.
I never need to get to the viewer, I always want to switch between fullscreen and browser.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Surge wrote:Yes, but then when I double click in the browser it goes to viewer, not fullscreen.
I never need to get to the viewer, I always want to switch between fullscreen and browser.
ok, i understand, you would like that viewer is always opened as fullscreen?
but why you don't use browser<>fullscreen?
Pierre.
Surge

Post by Surge »

Because there is no option just 'browser<>fullscreen', this is what's missing :D

What I would like is this:
I open the file in fullscreen. Double click to go to browser. In the browser double click any file to go to fullscreen. Double click again to go to browser and so on.
EUFolk

Post by EUFolk »

xnview wrote:
Surge wrote:Yes, but then when I double click in the browser it goes to viewer, not fullscreen.
ok, i understand, you would like that viewer is always opened as fullscreen?
but why you don't use browser<>fullscreen?
Pierre

Here is the step by step how to reproduce this frustrating issue. (win 7)

1. Set double-click to Browser<>Fullscreen|Viewer<>Fullscreen close XnView
2. default opening for jpg files should be associated with XnView
3. Put jpg file on the desktop
4. double-click on the image file on th desktop (should open in fullscreen)
5. double-click on image in fullscreen (will take you to the viewer not the browser)
IF I open browser first and double click on image in the browser it will open fullscreen and it will go back to the browser.

WE want the option to START FROM THE FILE and after double click in fullscreen go directly to the browser NOT the viewer.

This was working perfect in classic XnView - I am guessing because of the option in the settings "mode when starting with file Fullscreen-Browser" which is missing in MP version
Cybertect

Post by Cybertect »

FullScreen to Browser is a fundamental user right.....

I really would like to love xnview , but i really hate it for this missing feature.....

Every single mouse click too much hurts like hell :twisted: .................

Please help us quickly, Pierre!!!
DanielR

Post by DanielR »

I just registered to tell you that i have the same issue.
i have no use for the viewer and i would love to switch between fullscreen and browser at all times.

And thank you for your great work!! :D
oops66
XnThusiast

Post by oops66 »

Surge wrote:Because there is no option just 'browser<>fullscreen', this is what's missing :D
What I would like is this:
I open the file in fullscreen. Double click to go to browser. In the browser double click any file to go to fullscreen. Double click again to go to browser and so on.
... Maybe with a single middle button (wheel) mouse click ?
(see tools/interface/switching mode for customisation)
XnViewMP Linux X64 - Debian - X64
DanielR

Post by DanielR »

thanks that you are trying to help, but that doesn't work when you started XnViewMP by opening it with a file. Because then it switches only between fullscreen and the viewer which doesn't have any use for me at all...
oops66
XnThusiast

Post by oops66 »

DanielR wrote:thanks that you are trying to help, but that doesn't work when you started XnViewMP by opening it with a file. Because then it switches only between fullscreen and the viewer which doesn't have any use for me at all...
Hello,
Strange, that works here (under Linux- ubuntu) with the wheel button even after opening an image into the fullScreen mode from nautilus/explorer browser.

In fullScreen - "wheel button click", then "yellow icon" Image, "wheel button click", "wheel button click", etc etc ...
XnViewMP Linux X64 - Debian - X64
DanielR

Post by DanielR »

EUFolk wrote: Here is the step by step how to reproduce this frustrating issue. (win 7)

1. Set double-click to Browser<>Fullscreen|Viewer<>Fullscreen close XnView
2. default opening for jpg files should be associated with XnView
3. Put jpg file on the desktop
4. double-click on the image file on th desktop (should open in fullscreen)
5. double-click on image in fullscreen (will take you to the viewer not the browser)
IF I open browser first and double click on image in the browser it will open fullscreen and it will go back to the browser.

WE want the option to START FROM THE FILE and after double click in fullscreen go directly to the browser NOT the viewer.

This was working perfect in classic XnView - I am guessing because of the option in the settings "mode when starting with file Fullscreen-Browser" which is missing in MP version
This describes my problem exactly and i havent't found a way around it, no matter what mode or button i am using. In XNView Claasic it was working fine because of that additional option mentioned in the quote.
I am using Windows 8.1 right now (but that's another problem/topic :D :D :D )
abletearte

Post by abletearte »

Anyone found a fix for this problem?
Erixx haxx

Post by Erixx haxx »

Whenever an image file is opened with xnviewMP to full screeen through Windows Explorer, (Doulble click or right click contex), XnviewMP does not respect the settings made under switching mode section. Almost like the .ini file is not loading when fullscreen loads. You have to manually go to browser before it starts switching correctly again.

I Would consider this to be a bug. I don't think the software should act this way. Especially if this only happens with Windows machines.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

See Issue 608 for details.
Pierre.
Surge

Post by Surge »

This has not been fixed, there's still no browser <> fullscreen option :(
Erixx haxx

Post by Erixx haxx »

Hello:
Surge wrote:This has not been fixed, there's still no browser <> fullscreen option :(
This should be fixed, Could you try v0.82. It was in beta testing for a while and just got released.