XnViewMP Crashing

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

ErinLetor

XnViewMP Crashing

Post by ErinLetor »

i'm having an issue with the program (0.98 & 0.97) crashing while several images are loaded up (More than 4, sometimes from different folder locations). This behavior used to not happen in the past, but as of recently, it's happening more than it ever did and it's making the program unusable...I collected some screenshots from the event log on my system and I have a dmp file, but before you look at it, could you take a look at the screenshots please?

anyone know what nt or aclayers is?

nt.dll
file1.png
file1.png (19.18 KiB) Viewed 156 times
aclayers.dll
file2.png
file2.png (17.23 KiB) Viewed 156 times

The program used to load lots of images before, so I'm not sure what's causing it to behave this way...deleting the files in roaming, reinstalling it did not help at all - as you can see, the problem occurs when multiple tabs are opened. In specific, these imaged tabs are loaded from different trees...

The dump file I have, but I don't know how to get it to you, the website wouldn't let me attach it, but I sent it to you from my email that I registered with...and I'd be more than happy to link it here if I knew how...help, please?
Last edited by ErinLetor on Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ErinLetor

Re: XnViewMP Crashing

Post by ErinLetor »

**I made this here because I put a thread into the classic board on accident: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=41601

I didn't see a way to delete it, else I would have
ErinLetor

Post by ErinLetor »

It's doing it on my other PC as well. (0.93) Is this because of a large image catalog? I have well over a thousand or so pictures on one drive. I copied the faulty drive the problem was occurring from over my main pc....I think it might be the program itself...is it designed to have that many tabs open?
ErinLetor

Post by ErinLetor »

I did some searching and it turns out that I'm not the only person having this issue. There's a few other gentlemen that were going through the crash bug as well. I'm starting to think that this might be a flaw in the program because he's getting the same error codes as I am. I'll link the threads I found, but as far as the issue getting resolved, I didn't see where people were willing to continue them:

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=41305&p=166839&hil ... ng#p166839

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=36305&p=157772&hil ... ng#p157772

viewtopic.php?f=82&t=36857&p=147416&hil ... ng#p147416 (Not sure if it's related to my issue, but the folder I do browse through has a ton of images & sub folders (up near the thousands)

Is there a way around this?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

ErinLetor wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:48 am It's doing it on my other PC as well. (0.93) Is this because of a large image catalog? I have well over a thousand or so pictures on one drive. I copied the faulty drive the problem was occurring from over my main pc....I think it might be the program itself...is it designed to have that many tabs open?
How many files do you have in the folder of image?
Pierre.
ErinLetor

Post by ErinLetor »

About 2000
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

ErinLetor wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:52 pmAbout 2000
and if you have 4 tabs on this folder, you have a crash? before crashing, memory used is not high?
Pierre.
ErinLetor

Post by ErinLetor »

The CPU usage rockets up dramatically during this, but after doing a bit more testing, it occurs in really BIG folders with lots of images. The CPU usage will get really high and then the program will crash after a delay. I linked some screenshots of the error.. Are you the developer? Did they help any?

I really like XNView and I've used it for over four years now and these crashes are nothing new now that I think about it. Is there some sort of memory problem going on? It's always more than four tabs, yeah. I've noticed the same thing happen on my other computers too and even recreated it on a virtual machine!

The tabs need to be loaded from other folders in order to reproduce the crash. I don't know much about computers, but it acts like it gets overloaded...
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

could you try to disable settings>Thumbnails - create for whole folder?
Pierre.