Sending a file to a member

General info, hints, guidelines and rules for all XnView forums. Guests and new users please read here first.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

cday
XnThusiast

Sending a file to a member

Post by cday »

Is there a way of sending a file to a member by PM (preferably) or email (if the member’s address is registered), or making it available for download via a clickable link, without having to open a web file sharing account?

Thanks.
Drahken

Re: Sending a file to a member

Post by Drahken »

If you get the person's email address from them (ie, PM them and ask them for it), you can simply attach the file to the email (assuming it's small enough). Alternatively, there are some hosting sites which don't require a signup, sendspace.com is one such that I know of (you CAN sign up, if you want some extra functionality, but you don't HAVE TO sign up if all you want to do is send a file).
Oh the feuhrer, oh the feuhrer, oh the feuhrer's nipples bonk!
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

Thanks Drahken, sendspace.com did exactly what I wanted, although it was a bit unnerving having to constantly ignore features in the interface and press on hopefully in order to get just the basic service!

I wasn’t sure about the etiquette of asking for and giving out email addresses on the forum.
m.akram

Post by m.akram »

Is there a way of sending a file to a member by PM (preferably) or email (if the member’s address is registered), or making it available for download via a clickable link, without having to open a web file sharing account?
Peter2
XnThusiast

Post by Peter2 »

m.akram wrote:Is there a way of sending a file to a member by PM (preferably) or email (if the member’s address is registered), ...
No, I don't think so. But you can exchange your real email-adresses with the member via PM or Email.
m.akram wrote:...or making it available for download via a clickable link, without having to open a web file sharing account?
There are many free filehosters and imagehosters around; personally I use pixhost.org for simple screenshots and that stuff.

Peter
XnViewMP 1.6.5 German, XnConvert 1.99, Win 10
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

m.akram wrote:Is there a way of sending a file to a member by PM (preferably) ...
It would sometimes be very useful to be able to send a small file as an attachment to a PM, I don't know if that could be enabled on a trial basis?

It would also simplify sending files to Pierre when he requests it, avoiding the frequent confusion about the email address to use...
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

m.akram wrote:Is there a way of sending a file to a member by PM (preferably) or email (if the member’s address is registered), or making it available for download via a clickable link, without having to open a web file sharing account?
m.akram @ StopForumSpam.com & EmailLog.org :mrgreen:
  • Wikisend
    • “No need to register, activate, install or read manuals - use our uploading form, you're ready to go.”
    • “Maximum allowed file size is 100 MBytes.”
  • sendspace
    • “You do not need to register to use sendspace.”
    • “Free users can upload large files up to 300MB each.”
Drahken

Post by Drahken »

m.akram wrote:...or making it available for download via a clickable link, without having to open a web file sharing account?
Like I said in my earlier post, there are some sites, like sendspace, which don't require any signup. I use sendspace regularly and have never signed up for anything on it. You just go there, click the upload button, select your file, add more files if you want, then click the upload button and wait till it's done.
Oh the feuhrer, oh the feuhrer, oh the feuhrer's nipples bonk!