Search within one language

General info, hints, guidelines and rules for all XnView forums. Guests and new users please read here first.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

LlewellynDG

Search within one language

Post by LlewellynDG »

It should be possible to search in just one language, else many false positives may be found. For example, I want to search on the english word "comment", meaning text added in a text field called "comment", because I want to know how to add a text comment to some of my photos. The search routine found several hundred french entries containing the word "comment" (meaning "how").
helmut

Re: Search within one language

Post by helmut »

LlewellynDG wrote:It should be possible to search in just one language, else many false positives may be found. For example, I want to search on the english word "comment", meaning text added in a text field called "comment", because I want to know how to add a text comment to some of my photos. The search routine found several hundred french entries containing the word "comment" (meaning "how").
The standard phpBB forum software has no idea which language a specific forum is in. Therefore, there is no specific search available. There might be a mod, but I'm hesitant to search and apply a mod for this. Sören and I haven't made the best experiences with mods for phpBB.

The forums have the language in their name (e.g. [French]) and posts which are placed in other forums have the language in the subject. So it should not be too hard to find the "good" results. During search, you can tell set in which forum the search is made. This may not be too useful for the English speaking users because there's many English speaking forums, but the French users could search the French forum named "XnView [Francais]" only.