Regression: No multipage PDF processing in XnConvert 1.90

XnConvert Multi Platform - Windows, MacOSX, Linux

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

XnBoy

Regression: No multipage PDF processing in XnConvert 1.90

Post by XnBoy »

Hi all,

seems XnConvert lost a main feature in 1.90: when loading a multipage pdf file, and choosing Output: "Convert all pages from multipage file", yet only the first page of the pdf is processed. :shock:

XnConvert 1.82 did process all pages, one after another, and made a new multipage pdf file at last.

Bye,
XnBoy
XnBoy

Re: Regression: No multipage PDF processing in XnConvert 1.90

Post by XnBoy »

More specific:

I use Windows 10 64 bit and Ghostscript 9.50 64 bit, and XnConvert 64 bit of course.
XnConvert 1.82 makes multipages PDFs with Ghostscript 9.50 64 bit, but not with the newest (Ghostcript 9.54)!
XnConvert 1.90 fails with both Ghostscript versions, converts the first page only.

HTH
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

XnBoy wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:53 pm XnConvert 1.82 makes multipage PDFs with Ghostscript 9.50 64 bit, but not with the newest Ghostcript 9.54!
XnConvert 1.90 fails with both Ghostscript versions, converts the first page only.
Multiple recent changes in Ghostscript have broken compatibility with current XnView MP and XnConvert versions several times... :(

XnConvert 1.90 is relatively old now, so you may need to go back a version or two further than Ghostscript 9.50, earlier versions are available if you scroll down on the download page.

Edit:

You are consistently using 64-bit versions Ghostscript with 64-bit XnView versions (or 32-bit versions with 32-bit XnView versions), are you?

I vaguely remember a case some years ago where, I think, having the wrong bit depth version installed resulted in only a single page being output.
XnBoy

Post by XnBoy »

XnConvert 1.90 is relatively old now
It is from December 2020. And XnConvert 1.82 is even older, but works fine with GS 9.50.

Yes, all is on 64 bit on my system. I do not use XnView, but only XnConvert standalone (https://www.xnview.com/de/xnconvert/)

Perhaps best thing is to wait for a new version of XnConvert?
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

XnBoy wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:57 pm
XnConvert 1.90 is relatively old now
Perhaps best thing is to wait for a new version of XnConvert?
Your choice whether to find a GS version that works or to wait for the next XnConvert version, I think one can be expected fairly soon.

Given the unfortunate situation with Ghostscript recently, I don't recall this type of problem before, it would be useful if there were a thread that showed compatible versions for each recent XnView software version, and maybe even provided download links.

But with Pierre the only developer of all XnView software, and very few forum users providing any support, that isn't the case. Hopefully the situation will return to normal soon!
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

XnBoy

Post by XnBoy »

Today I tried multipage with XnConvert 1.92 and: it works perfectly with Ghostscript 9.50! :D

Thank you!