Saving output to source folder in 1.90.1 [MacOS]

XnConvert Multi Platform - Windows, MacOSX, Linux

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

RoyalScam

Saving output to source folder in 1.90.1 [MacOS]

Post by RoyalScam »

Hello,

I was using XnConvert 1.83 since last year, and just updated to 1.90.1 today via the Mac App Store.

Previously I was able to Output to the same folder the input files reside in. Now, I have to choose the folder I want to Output to, and it stays set to that folder until I direct it elsewhere. It's driving me mental.

For the life of me, I can't seem to figure out which setting this would be to return to the previous behavior. "Keep folder structure/Keep parent folder" makes things worse.

I just want to have the Output automatically set to whatever folder currently holds the Input files. Is that not possible anymore?

(Currently using 1.90.1 on MacOS 10.14.6)
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Saving output to source folder in 1.90.1

Post by xnview »

RoyalScam wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:34 pm Hello,

I was using XnConvert 1.83 since last year, and just updated to 1.90.1 today via the Mac App Store.

Previously I was able to Output to the same folder the input files reside in. Now, I have to choose the folder I want to Output to, and it stays set to that folder until I direct it elsewhere. It's driving me mental.
So you use the version from my website not App Store
Pierre.
RoyalScam

Post by RoyalScam »

That's the solution? To avoid the Mac App Store version?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

RoyalScam wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:41 pm That's the solution? To avoid the Mac App Store version?
The Mac Apple Store version can't have 'source folder' due to MacOS permissions, if you had 'Source folder', it was the version from my website
Pierre.
serad

Post by serad »

Can you update the dmg file on the website to 1.90.1?
Also regarding a possible fix for the App Store version: wouldn't it possible for the program to request permission (full disk access or access to remote disks) to determine source folder? I've seen some macOS apps do that, although I don't remember if they were from the App Store or something I got from Homebrew
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

serad wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:08 pm Can you update the dmg file on the website to 1.90.1?
Also regarding a possible fix for the App Store version: wouldn't it possible for the program to request permission (full disk access or access to remote disks) to determine source folder? I've seen some macOS apps do that, although I don't remember if they were from the App Store or something I got from Homebrew
yes, i'll update soon the version on my website. And i'll check how to request permissions...
Pierre.
serad

Post by serad »

xnview wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:33 am
serad wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:08 pm Can you update the dmg file on the website to 1.90.1?
yes, i'll update soon the version on my website. And i'll check how to request permissions...
Looks like the version on the website has the same issues as 1.90 had. It's Intel-only and probably built with an older Qt - you can see the tabs are still glitchy, unlike the App Store version was back in 1.90.1
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

serad wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:04 am Looks like the version on the website has the same issues as 1.90 had. It's Intel-only and probably built with an older Qt - you can see the tabs are still glitchy, unlike the App Store version was back in 1.90.1
you means that App Store version has not the problem?
Pierre.
serad

Re: Saving output to source folder in 1.90.1 [MacOS]

Post by serad »

Last time I tried the App Store version the tabs looked fine. It also had the M1 support.