Bugs PSD file and DPI converter

XnConvert Multi Platform - Windows, MacOSX, Linux

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

furioustgw

Bugs PSD file and DPI converter

Post by furioustgw »

Hi,

there are two bugs which are ongoing in the last Versions.

1. If you take a Photoshop file (multilayered saved as max Compatibility) batch convert it to JPG, while opening a new converted JPG in Photoshop, Photoshop brings a message "that this Photoshop file (which is not anymore it is a JPEG now" is damaged. The new file however is OK, its workings, its a JPG, however all converted PSD-> JPGs bring this error.

2. If it is a set that a target for converted file has to have exact 300DPI. If the original file has lets say 72DPI, it is converted to 300DPI correctly. However, if a original file is really close to the result of 300DPI, lets say 240DPI or 310DPI... the converted file has not been converted to 300DPI, the original DPI remains the same...
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Bugs PSD file and DPI converter

Post by xnview »

furioustgw wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:46 am 1. If you take a Photoshop file (multilayered saved as max Compatibility) batch convert it to JPG, while opening a new converted JPG in Photoshop, Photoshop brings a message "that this Photoshop file (which is not anymore it is a JPEG now" is damaged. The new file however is OK, its workings, its a JPG, however all converted PSD-> JPGs bring this error.
Could you send me input & output file?
2. If it is a set that a target for converted file has to have exact 300DPI. If the original file has lets say 72DPI, it is converted to 300DPI correctly. However, if a original file is really close to the result of 300DPI, lets say 240DPI or 310DPI... the converted file has not been converted to 300DPI, the original DPI remains the same...
how do you change the dpi?
Pierre.
furioustgw

Post by furioustgw »

Hi Pierre,
sorry to respond so late, but the PSD->JPG conversion still causes corupted file (OSX Client) 1.90

Any Photoshop file with many layers, dragged into XnConvert, when reopend as a converted jpg in Photoshop brings an Error"This Document includes Photoshop Files which looked to be damaged. Do you want to continue and ignore Photoshop File"

If you still need examples i will PM you, but you can try it yourself.

Photoshop being used is 2021, Problem is also on 2020...

It is really causing lot of troubles and misunderstanding. As I can not not properly archive or convert Photoshop files to JPG.

However, if I convert the SAME photoshop file to PNG... THERE IS NOT ERROR or PROBLEM... only to JPG....

thank you
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

could you send me input & output files?
Pierre.