XnConvert for Android

Post by xnview »

I'm happy to announce XnConvert for Android
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: XnConvert for Android

Post by xnview »

Brian Gimbli wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:18 pm I've been using XnConvert for a couple years on my PC, and when it will available on iPhone?
Currently not planned for iOS
Pierre.
Amoli

Post by Amoli »

I love this app, had to add some suggestions/requests to the to-do list.

Why it's great:
- webp support - better quality than jpg, or smaller size
- 1-tap batch convert via Share

What's less great: 8)
- no way to change the output folder (Android 11+ restrictions? No problem with older OS)
- user interface idiosyncrasies (see link above)

Btw, why is there no bicubic resize option? Or other resize algorithms from the likes of Avisynth, other than lanczos & bilinear?
maxwell56

Post by maxwell56 »

Thanks for this great app. Batch conversion resp. convert in batch mode doesn't work with orf raw files. Batch conversion works well with conventional bitmaps, e.g. jpeg in png. In the case of choosing raw files and a following conversion into jpeg the media directiory stays empty. I'm using XnConvert on a Chromebook under Android.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

maxwell56 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:49 pm Thanks for this great app. Batch conversion resp. convert in batch mode doesn't work with orf raw files. Batch conversion works well with conventional bitmaps, e.g. jpeg in png. In the case of choosing raw files and a following conversion into jpeg the media directiory stays empty. I'm using XnConvert on a Chromebook under Android.
ok i'll check. Currently i work on the new version with more actions tools
Pierre.
maxwell56

Post by maxwell56 »

Canon cr2 raw (size 64 MB) file conversion results in a crash of XnConvert under Android 9.0 (Chromebook with ARM 64 prosessor).
LigH

Post by LigH »

Is saving the editing result (cropping, scaling) in any other format than JPEG only supported in the Pro version? Sometimes I would prefer PNG instead.

I could not find any option to select a file format to be used when pressing the button in the top right corner that resembles a "Download" icon. Even though I see quality sliders for JPEG and WebP in the app options, which suggests that at least these two formats should be supported.

If so, I could also not yet find limitations of the free Android app, compared to the Pro version, documented explicitly.

PS: It would be lovely to see Width:Height numbers while dragging the crop box corners.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

LigH wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:12 am Is saving the editing result (cropping, scaling) in any other format than JPEG only supported in the Pro version? Sometimes I would prefer PNG instead.

I could not find any option to select a file format to be used when pressing the button in the top right corner that resembles a "Download" icon. Even though I see quality sliders for JPEG and WebP in the app options, which suggests that at least these two formats should be supported.
you can choose format at the bottom
Pierre.
LigH

Post by LigH »

I don't see where. At the bottom there are only editing features: Scale, crop, rotate, mirror.

Do I miss an update? App Info reports version 1.66.
__

PS: I noticed that there is a convenient popup with file formats and even a quality slider when you (batch) convert files directly in the directory browser. But I use XnConvert mainly for scaling and cropping, and the result of this editor is always saved as JPEG without any choice. The same popup here, when pressing the "Save" button, would be very useful.
Attachments
Screenshot_2024-01-14-15-59-34-659_com.xnview.xnconvert.jpg
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Right, you have only format in template view not edit view
Pierre.
LigH

Post by LigH »

Would you be able to add this choice to the save function of the edit view? Saving e.g. a cropped text in a screenshot as JPEG often adds visible artifacts.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

yes will be added
Pierre.