Converting PCD on a Mac - always small size (768x512)

XnConvert Multi Platform - Windows, MacOSX, Linux

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

AP1

Converting PCD on a Mac - always small size (768x512)

Post by AP1 »

I read a similar post about this issue, but I didn't find an answer. I'm using XnConvert on a Mac (OS 10.9.5), attempting to convert some old PCD (Kodak PhotoCD) files. The problem is that XnConvert always reads and converts the Base (768x512) size. That happens even when I select the Base 16 (2048x3072) size from the "Load format settings" under the "Settings" tab.

The result is that the converted images are much smaller than the original 2048 size. It tried using the "Resize" action to get the 2048 size, but the results are blurry and not sharp.

Is there a way to get XnConvert to convert the larger image size?

As an alternate solution, I tried converting the PICT versions I saved years ago. Unfortunately, when I attempt to convert them, XnConvert gives the "not a picture" message in the "Status" tab and no images are output. I read online that XnConvert supports PICT. Is there a solution to this?

By the way, I think XnConvert is a great program. Thanks so much for developing and supporting it.
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Re: Converting PCD on a Mac - always small size (768x512)

Post by XnTriq »

Welcome to the forum, AP1.
AP1 wrote:I read a similar post about this issue, but I didn't find an answer. I'm using XnConvert on a Mac (OS 10.9.5), attempting to convert some old PCD (Kodak PhotoCD) files. The problem is that XnConvert always reads and converts the Base (768x512) size. That happens even when I select the Base 16 (2048x3072) size from the "Load format settings" under the "Settings" tab.

The result is that the converted images are much smaller than the original 2048 size. It tried using the "Resize" action to get the 2048 size, but the results are blurry and not sharp.

Is there a way to get XnConvert to convert the larger image size?
Please refer to my posts in an earlier discussion regarding conversion of Kodak PCD files and let me know if you need more info.
AP1 wrote:As an alternate solution, I tried converting the PICT versions I saved years ago. Unfortunately, when I attempt to convert them, XnConvert gives the "not a picture" message in the "Status" tab and no images are output. I read online that XnConvert supports PICT. Is there a solution to this?
XnConvert is able to load the samples I found. Are we talking about the Apple Macintosh QuickDraw PICT file format?