0.81 x64: Slow start

Bugs and Suggestions in XnView MP or XnConvert MP which have been resolved.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 0.81 x64: Slow start

Post by xnview »

pubota wrote: I just did 1 thing and then the slowness is gone again.
I just deleted the file .XnViewSort in the image folder which has 10k images,
Do you have always the .XnViewSort file?
Pierre.
pubota

Post by pubota »

xnview wrote:
pubota wrote: I just did 1 thing and then the slowness is gone again.
I just deleted the file .XnViewSort in the image folder which has 10k images,
Do you have always the .XnViewSort file?
I sometime have that file in the image folder, but not always.
I dont know when exactly it was written, it just showed up after sometime.
Maybe some of my action triggers its generation.
But most of the time the file just sits there peacefully without affecting my speed.
helmut

Post by helmut »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.84 beta 1. Could you please try and confirm the bug fix, pubota?
johndeer

Post by johndeer »

helmut wrote:This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.84 beta 1. Could you please try and confirm the bug fix, pubota?
I had a similar issue regarding the launching speed with all the previous versions of XnViewMP (and Xnview if I recall correctly). It seems the 0.84 beta 2 version fixed the problem. I'll come back in a few days to confirm it definitely
helmut

Post by helmut »

johndeer wrote:
helmut wrote:This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.84 beta 1. Could you please try and confirm the bug fix, pubota?
I had a similar issue regarding the launching speed with all the previous versions of XnViewMP (and Xnview if I recall correctly). It seems the 0.84 beta 2 version fixed the problem. I'll come back in a few days to confirm it definitely
Feedback on this bug fix is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance, John.
johndeer

Post by johndeer »

helmut wrote:
johndeer wrote:
Feedback on this bug fix is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance, John.
You're welcome. I can now confirm that the launching time is way more reasonable than it used to be. Maybe 2-3 seconds for the first launch while it was 10+ seconds before. I guess the beta update did the job!
I assume the first launch is always slower than the next ones anyway? I have noticed that with many softwares
helmut

Post by helmut »

johndeer wrote:... I can now confirm that the launching time is way more reasonable than it used to be. Maybe 2-3 seconds for the first launch while it was 10+ seconds before. I guess the beta update did the job!
Thank you for your confirmation that startup is faster, now. :arrow: Closed.
johndeer wrote:I assume the first launch is always slower than the next ones anyway? I have noticed that with many softwares
Subsequent launches of XnView might be faster due to caching (e.g. harddisk).