0.80: Dragging on explorer mode doesn't move, but copy

Bugs and Suggestions in XnView MP or XnConvert MP which have been resolved.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

JMM72

0.80: Dragging on explorer mode doesn't move, but copy

Post by JMM72 »

XnView MP 0.80 64bit running on Windows 7 64bit.

On explorer mode, dragging a thumbnail over a folder on the same drive doesn't make a move operation, but a copy. The icon on the mouse arrow still shows the move (arrow) instead of the copy (plus sign), but it does copy. Installing 0.79 makes it work well.

I remember in a recent version there was the same problem, which was fixed in the next version. I hope it's not hard to fix, since these basic operations are essential for working with XnViewMP. Which is such a great piece of software ^_^
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Dragging on explorer mode doesn't move, but copy

Post by xnview »

Right, Qt has changed something :( Issue 879
Pierre.
JMM72

Post by JMM72 »

0.81 64 bit on Windows 7 64 bit.

If I drag a thumbnail (or many) over the thumnail of a folder, the thumbnails are moved. If I drag them over the folder tree, the thumbnails are copied. Tried this on the same folder, just changed if I was doing the move operation over the thumnail or over the folder in the folder tree. I'd like if someone else could confirm this behaviour because I thought it was fixed... Or maybe something in my config is corrupt? I shall check tomorrow deeper.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

JMM72 wrote:0.81 64 bit on Windows 7 64 bit.

If I drag a thumbnail (or many) over the thumnail of a folder, the thumbnails are moved. If I drag them over the folder tree, the thumbnails are copied. Tried this on the same folder, just changed if I was doing the move operation over the thumnail or over the folder in the folder tree. I'd like if someone else could confirm this behaviour because I thought it was fixed... Or maybe something in my config is corrupt? I shall check tomorrow deeper.
Issue 879
Pierre.
helmut

Post by helmut »

This problem was fixed in v0.82 and later.

I just retested it and it works fine:
When dragging an image to a folder in the file list or a folder in the folder tree on the same drive, the files are moved. When dragging and image to a folder in the folder tree on a different drive, the files are copied.