XnView MP 0.93

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Lee James

Re: XnView MP 0.93

Post by Lee James »

cday wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:10 pm Your Help > About... shows 0.93? And you have the selection grid options exactly as above? You draw a selection with the mouse, and there is no grid within the selection? Possibly some misunderstanding somewhere???
Yes, I'm using 0.93, and on all three settings, when I draw a selection it looks the same. Here's an image of what I see:

What I was hoping to see was something more like this:
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

Looking closely at the grids in the above images they do differ: the Rule of Thirds and Phi grid look to be correct as far as I know, the problem is that Normal (Selection grid - None would be a better name, I think...) mysteriously displays a grid...

So still unexplained... :?:
Lee James

Post by Lee James »

I really don't think Phi division is working. It's all just thirds.
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

Lee James wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:39 pm I really don't think Phi division is working. It's all just thirds.
Well, on close inspection each grid is different, I can't comment on whether the Phi grid is correct or not, but isn't the immediate issue for you that the so-called Normal option [which I think would be better called None] displays a grid when you don't want one?

Bizarre when everything works as expected for me, might it be worth downloading the ZIP version which I am using to see if that works?