Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

xnview
Author of XnView

XnSketch 1.00

Post by xnview »

XnSketch 1.00 for windows is available HERE
xnsketch.png
xnsketch.png (22.12 KiB) Viewed 44412 times
With XnView Sketch you can easily turn your photos into cartoon or sketch images.

Features:
★ 18 different effects (black strokes, white strokes, pastel, pencil sketch, colored sketch, ...)
★ Edge strength, and opacity adjustement
★ Contrast, brightness, saturation adjustement
★ Save or share the result

MacOSX version is available HERE
Android version is available HERE
Pierre.
samfeinsilver

Re: XnSketch 1.14

Post by samfeinsilver »

Tried using the Windows version of 1.14 XnSketch. There are some interesting effects, particularly "Hope," but it reduces the size of the image during save and so the final results are rendered differently from what's on screen and the image is no longer useable. Another big problem is there are no controls for JPG quality. A nice enhancement I would love to see is a transparency control to the underlying original image. This would effectively limit the intensity of the effect of the sketch on the original. - SF
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: XnSketch 1.14

Post by xnview »

samfeinsilver wrote:Tried using the Windows version of 1.14 XnSketch. There are some interesting effects, particularly "Hope," but it reduces the size of the image during save and so the final results are rendered differently from what's on screen and the image is no longer useable. Another big problem is there are no controls for JPG quality. A nice enhancement I would love to see is a transparency control to the underlying original image. This would effectively limit the intensity of the effect of the sketch on the original. - SF
ok, could you send me the original file and the result, please?
Pierre.
samfeinsilver

Re: XnSketch 1.00

Post by samfeinsilver »

Here are the source and result files (attached); The source has been re-filed to get the file size under the 256K limit for upload to this discussion board. I hope this helps. It's an interesting little application. -- SF
Attachments
This is the output file
This is the output file
0250_Zonkaraz - Copy2.jpg (18.19 KiB) Viewed 42233 times
This is the source file
This is the source file
XnSketchSource.jpg (205.48 KiB) Viewed 42233 times
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

In the menu save, you can choose the size of the output
Pierre.
samfeinsilver

Post by samfeinsilver »

Thanks, I was using the "File" pull down menu's and didn't notice the options available under the icon.
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Re: XnSketch v1.18

Post by XnTriq »

The Windows and Linux editions of XnSketch have been updated to version 1.18 on 25/Apr/2016:
LordFluffynessTheCat

Re: XnSketch 1.00 - possible bug?

Post by LordFluffynessTheCat »

Or maybe just bad file handling.

First - nice work, it's a great little program.

The bug:

The saving - you can chose between jpg and png, great.

But if you start with a jpg and it's set to save as png then it will save as NAMED jpg, CONTENTS png (when I open the picture in irfanView it complains and says "input file is actually png file with wrong extension, shall i correct it?"

If you manually change the save as to the other and back again (set it to jpg then back to png) then the save extension corrects itself.

It's not a killing bug, juts a little irritating.