B3 - Zoom factor resets to default in Fullscreen (Lock Zoom)

Feedback and Comments on the new 1.96 Test version on Windows.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Rains

B3 - Zoom factor resets to default in Fullscreen (Lock Zoom)

Post by Rains »

It's about the changed behaviour in the 1.96 version:
New behaviour is OK in View mode, but the zoom factor still resets to default value in the "direct" Fullscreen mode

Steps to reproduce:

* Go to Tools -> Options -> General -> Keyboard/Mouse -> Switching modes. Set "Browser <> Fullscreen | Vewer <> Fullscreen" as an active scheme for the doubleclick action (or for any other action, no matter actually)
* In the Xnvew browser select a thumbnail of some picture. Make doubleclick. Picture opens in Fullscreen mode.
* Change zoom factor to any value that differs from the default value (30% for example).
* Enable "Lock Zoom"
* Exit Fullscreen mode (by pressing Esc or doubleclick). Xnvew returns to Browser mode
* Now make doubleclick again (on the same or on some other thumbnail, no matter). Picture opens in Fullscreen mode but with the default zoom factor value again (not 30% as expected). "Lock Zoom" setting is desregarded :(
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: B3 - Zoom factor resets to default in Fullscreen (Lock Z

Post by xnview »

You have the same problem in 1.95?
Pierre.
Rains

Post by Rains »

Yes, but it was the normal behaviour in 1.95, wasn't it? "Zoom lock" did not restore a previous zoom value after re-entering View or Fullscreen modes from XnView browser. That's why I made that suggestion. Now in 1.96 b3 "Zoom lock" restores a zoom value in View mode, but not in "direct" (as I call it) Fullscreen mode, activated by pressing F11 in XnView browser or by choosing the "Browser <> Fullscreen | Vewer <> Fullscreen" scheme on the "Switching modes" page
Rains

Post by Rains »

Does nobody have the same problem? Or is no one really viewing over/undersized pictures in Fullscreen derectly from the XnView browser? :shock: The modified in 1.96b1-4 "Zoom Lock" feature still does not work in Fullscreen as it supposed to be :(

To moderators:
Sorry, maybe I misplaced this topic and it must be in Testing - Fixed Bugs & Added Suggestions? It is really about the added suggestion, but unfortunately, only partly added :( Please move this topic there if you think so. Thanks
Rains

Post by Rains »

More simple steps to reproduce:

* In the Xnvew browser select a thumbnail of some picture. Press F11. The picture opens in Fullscreen mode
* Change zoom factor to any value that differs from the default value (to 30% for example) by pressing "-" key or by using "Zoom" item in the rightclick menu
* Enable "Lock Zoom" in the rightclick menu
* Exit Fullscreen mode by pressing Esc. Xnvew returns to Browser mode
* Now press F11 again. The picture opens in Fullscreen mode but with the default zoom factor value again. Not 30% as expected
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Ok, but i don't want to change something in the RC1 to not have a side-effect before the release. So i'll check this one for next subversion...
Pierre.
Rains

Post by Rains »

It's ok
Thank you! 8)