XnView 1.96 beta 2

Feedback and Comments on the new 1.96 Test version on Windows.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

pic_viewer

Post by pic_viewer »

You have zero points. First what most people do is just copy the archive content completely over the existing one. Second I do so for don't know how long and never had a problem. This means to me adding the ini is something new.

Of course, a superior solution would be that XnView does not need to have an ini on startup at all. If it doesn't find one it just creates it. Seeing the 2 entries from the included one that should be a breeze to implement.
Rains

Post by Rains »

The feature seems to be not working :( The zoom factor (value) still resets to default when View mode close, and then reopen
helmut

Post by helmut »

pic_viewer wrote:... Of course, a superior solution would be that XnView does not need to have an ini on startup at all. If it doesn't find one it just creates it. Seeing the 2 entries from the included one that should be a breeze to implement.
In the past XnView never needed any .ini file for starting. If this has changed, I strongly vote to make appropriate changes in XnView so that the .ini is no longer needed. XnView did work in the past without, so it also should in the present.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Rains wrote:
The feature seems to be not working :( The zoom factor (value) still resets to default when View mode close, and then reopen
Strange works for me
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

helmut wrote:
pic_viewer wrote:... Of course, a superior solution would be that XnView does not need to have an ini on startup at all. If it doesn't find one it just creates it. Seeing the 2 entries from the included one that should be a breeze to implement.
In the past XnView never needed any .ini file for starting. If this has changed, I strongly vote to make appropriate changes in XnView so that the .ini is no longer needed. XnView did work in the past without, so it also should in the present.
There is no need, but i put a simple .ini to not overwrite the good .ini. For example, in b1, a new bad entry was created. The beta must not use the original .ini for me.
Pierre.
Koogle

Post by Koogle »

good to see mousewheel support on the tab bar.. but its directions or wrong .. mwheeldown should be next .. not back, like wise with mwheelup.. basically they are reversed

its like that in all mdi apps supporting tabs be it with addons or by default ...
trathus

Bug

Post by trathus »

Another bug I found is when after applying changes to a file, you cannot use JUST your keyboard to navigate between files anymore....

After making whatever changes you have to the file I press PgUp/PgDn to go to the next/previous file and I get the "Saved Change File?" message and click yes. Then the Overwrite MsgBox pops up but now looks and acts different. It has boxes for "Yes", "No", and "Options"...

However, I cannot navigate this box with the keyboard at all... I cannot tab between the selected buttons or just press enter when it pops up. I am forced to use the mouse to click on Yes.

While this is not a major issue at all, it worked so much quicker and faster just using the keyboard. When you get used to doing this a lot and realizes it can make things go much faster, it is kind of hard to get used to not being able to do it this way.

This is a pic of the message box in question...
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/6536/48980467gv2.jpg
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

@Koogle:
good to see mousewheel support on the tab bar.. but its directions or wrong .. mwheeldown should be next .. not back, like wise with mwheelup.. basically they are reversed
Ok, i change...

@trathus: Ok, right
Pierre.
Rains

Post by Rains »

xnview wrote:
Rains wrote:
Strange works for me
It looks like the Fullscreen mode problem only. View mode seems to be ok. I'm using the "Browser <> Fullscreen | Vewer <> Fullscreen" mode switching scheme
pic_viewer

Post by pic_viewer »

Back to the ini: I was just chasing down a strange problem when I put beta 1 back and forgot about the ini. So I immediately closed the program again, deleted the ini in the program dir and voilà: everything back to normal.

It seems the real ini (in Documents and Settings/User/Application Data/XnView) is not automatically overwritten at start-up. Is it used at all as long as there is an ini in the prog dir? If not that would simplify testing, but I never saw that information here.