Splitter positions not preserved

Feedback and Comments on the new 1.96 Test version on Windows.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Splitter positions not preserved

Post by JohnFredC »

The browser splitter behavior is really messed up in beta 1.

First, beta 1 defaults to locked layout. After initially opening beta 1, I had to close XnView and modify the ini by hand, then reopen XnView to move the splitters. At the very least this option should be on an option page (Is it? I couldn't find it).

Second, in many situations switching away from XnView, then switching back causes the splitter to move to new (unusable) locations.

I use a virtual desktop manager (Virtuawin) and find that switching desktops appears to cause the splitters to be repositioned.

Another way to reproduce the behavior is to maximize XnView, set your splitters, then restore XnView. Maximizing again does not restore the splitters.

I have tested layout 7 but none of the others yet.
John
oops66
XnThusiast

Re: Splitter positions not preserved

Post by oops66 »

JohnFredC wrote:... this option should be on an option page
+1 I fully agree (a interactive lock/ unlock option).
XnViewMP Linux X64 - Debian - X64
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Splitter positions not preserved

Post by xnview »

JohnFredC wrote: First, beta 1 defaults to locked layout. After initially opening beta 1, I had to close XnView and modify the ini by hand, then reopen XnView to move the splitters. At the very least this option should be on an option page (Is it? I couldn't find it).
It's an error, must be off by default!
Second, in many situations switching away from XnView, then switching back causes the splitter to move to new (unusable) locations.

I use a virtual desktop manager (Virtuawin) and find that switching desktops appears to cause the splitters to be repositioned.

Another way to reproduce the behavior is to maximize XnView, set your splitters, then restore XnView. Maximizing again does not restore the splitters.

I have tested layout 7 but none of the others yet.
I have not changed layout management. I've checked with layout7 and no problem...
Pierre.