"Not responding" when switch to browse mode depends on number of child folders in grandparent folder

Reported bugs that have been closed and/or resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

gm649

"Not responding" when switch to browse mode depends on number of child folders in grandparent folder

Post by gm649 »

Problem : "Not responding" when switch to browse mode depends on number of child folders in grandparent folder

for example , i'm viewing the image which path is E:\ParentFolder\ChildFolder\img.jpg
then i double click to switch to browse mode ( i want to sort images)
it seems that the time loading browse mode depends on the number of child folders of "grand parent folders" , in this case ,the "grand parent folders" is "E:\ParentFolder\"
if "ParentFolder" has many folders in it (about 1000) , it cause "not responding" issue in view child folder , although i only want to view only the "ChildFolder" not view 1000 folders in "ParentFolder"

if "ParentFolder" not has many folders in it, it works fine

Im using xnview latest version 0.98.4 on windows 10
update: bug also exist in latest version 0.99.0
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: "Not responding" when switch to browse mode depends on number of child folders in grandparent folder

Post by xnview »

Strange, if you go in E:\ParentFolder\ChildFolder, there is no check of ParentFolder
If you start XnView as browser in this folder, same delay?
Pierre.
gm649

Re: "Not responding" when switch to browse mode depends on number of child folders in grandparent folder

Post by gm649 »

xnview wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:36 am Strange, if you go in E:\ParentFolder\ChildFolder, there is no check of ParentFolder
If you start XnView as browser in this folder, same delay?
Yes it seems to be the same,i try browse E:\ParentFolder and it cause long not responding , i sent you the clips that describe the bug in private message, please check it
Thank you
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

:bugconfirmed: Thanks to your detailed description I can reproduce the problem.
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.99.4. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.
gm649

Post by gm649 »

xnview wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:51 am This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.99.4. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
i tested and i can confirm it works fine now.Thank you