Unable to make screenshot when a drop-down menu is open (0.98.4 on Linux Mint 20.2)

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

cday
XnThusiast

Unable to make screenshot when a drop-down menu is open (0.98.4 on Linux Mint 20.2)

Post by cday »

When a drop-down menu is open in the browser or viewer, there is no response when the Print Screen key is pressed.

With the drop-down closed, the save image dialog is displayed as expected.

Being able to make a screenshot of an open drop-down is useful when providing support, and I am sure I have been able to do it before, although I can't be absolutely sure that I have made one since moving to Linux Mint. A possible regression or a possible Mint issue?
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Unable to make screenshot when a drop-down menu is open (0.98.4 on Linux Mint 20.2)

Post by xnview »

not sure that it's possible on linux
Pierre.
cday
XnThusiast

Re: Unable to make screenshot when a drop-down menu is open (0.98.4 on Linux Mint 20.2)

Post by cday »

cday wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:17 pm When a drop-down menu is open in the browser or viewer, there is no response when the Print Screen key is pressed.

With the drop-down closed, the save image dialog is displayed as expected.
xnview wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:45 am not sure that it's possible on linux
As my question referred to using the Print Screen key, I have realised that it wasn't really a question about XnView MP, but could be asked on a Linux forum.

However, I have now found a way of making a screenshot when a drop-down menu is open using XnView MP's Tools > Capture... menu with the option to use a key (default F1) to time the screenshot.

I was surprised, though, that when 'OK' is selected XnView MP closes, so to make a screenshot of XnView MP itself it is necessary to open it again before a screenshot can be made.