0.98.4: Shortcut key for auto levels does not work

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

joshua5

0.98.4: Shortcut key for auto levels does not work

Post by joshua5 »

XnView: MP 0.98.4 - 64 bit

The shortcut key ctrl+alt+L does not perform an auto levels operation but opens the Resize dialog.

Effect: Resize dialog opens instead of an auto levels operation

To reproduce:
1. Open any image
2. press ctrl+alt+L
Actual behaviour (bug): Resize dialog opens :bug:

Expected behaviour: Auto levels applied
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 0.98.4: Shortcut key for auto levels does not work

Post by xnview »

it works here, you have not changed the shortcut??
Pierre.
joshua5

Post by joshua5 »

I checked the setting, it is set to default. The menu item also shows ctrl+alt+L as the correct combination. The auto contrast combination ctrl+alt+O works fine.

I use the US keyboard on a Dell XPS 15. I changed the settings to US-International, same issue. Also tried the ctrl and alt keys both on the left and the right. Just tested with an external keyboard, same issue.

I downloaded and installed classic XnView, and I have the exact same issue there as well!
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

try to change the shortcut?
Pierre.
joshua5

Post by joshua5 »

That works. I set it to F7 and that works just fine. It's just strange that the default does not work.

I tried other commands with L like shift+L and ctrl+shift+L to rotate and they work just fine.

I then tried to assign other keys to AutoLevel and that works for Alt+L, but then I tried to set ctrl+alt+L as custom key. It shows as Shift+S (?!?) and says that's already used for Resize. It's like my laptop remaps ctrl+alt+L to shift+S somehow. I have not idea where that comes from.

What I now notice as well: when the dialog is open that says that keys is already used for something else. The escape key closes that dialog and it immediately opens again. You have to use the X in the upper right corner of the dialog.
joshua5

Post by joshua5 »

Problem is solved. A program I use registers ctrl+alt+L as a system wide shortcut and causes this behaviour. Whithout the program running it works fine. Sorry for this report and sorry for your wasted time :(