Customize Toobar forgets settings after each quit & launch (Linux)

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

metal450

Customize Toobar forgets settings after each quit & launch (Linux)

Post by metal450 »

I'm using XnView MP 0.96.4 64-bit on Kubuntu 20.04. If I customize the toolbar, it works properly for the current session - but if I quit & re-launch XnView, it's reverted back to the default toolbar. Other settings (e.g. under Tools->Settings, the UI layout in the browser, the last browsed folder, etc) are remembered properly - it only seems to be the customized toobar that it "forgets."
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Customize Toobar forgets settings after each quit & launch (Linux)

Post by xnview »

which settings do you have in Settings>Integration>Paths
Pierre.
metal450

Post by metal450 »

"Use .ini file in folder = User (System)."

I just found that if I completely delete /home/metal450/.config/xnviewmp/xnview.ini and let it recreate it from scratch, then editing the menus starts to work. But that's really isn't a good solution, as I have a ton of custom settings that will lose. Why would it be required to delete the ini and nuke all of my settings, in order for it to properly remember toolbar customizations? :/
metal450

Post by metal450 »

...After finding that clearing that ini file fixed it, I started to dig through & figure out why. It looks like if I delete the line:

toolbar=default.bar

Then it starts working. Not sure why having that line breaks it, but seems like a bug.
pik-man

Post by pik-man »

I am having the same problem with XnViewMP (0.98.4/64 bit) running portable on Windows 10. Have XnView.ini in my user ..\AppData]Roaming directory.

I have tried both suggestions by metal450: I deleted XnView.ini in order to recreate it, and, I deleted the "toolbar=default.bar" entry. Neither worked for me. The XnView.ini file is alway recreated with the default tool bar. And, my favorites are also not retained. Suggestions?? Thank you.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

pik-man wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:11 pm I am having the same problem with XnViewMP (0.98.4/64 bit) running portable on Windows 10. Have XnView.ini in my user ..\AppData]Roaming directory.

I have tried both suggestions by metal450: I deleted XnView.ini in order to recreate it, and, I deleted the "toolbar=default.bar" entry. Neither worked for me. The XnView.ini file is alway recreated with the default tool bar. And, my favorites are also not retained. Suggestions?? Thank you.
All settings are always recreated? or only toolbar/favorite?
Pierre.
pik-man

Post by pik-man »

I recreated the xnview.ini (in the appdata/roaming directory) and set the "save session on exit" to always. Everything is now working as it should with favorites and customized toolbar. Thanks for your attention.