0.92: In fullscreen mode, a hidden window creates problems

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

Urs

0.92: In fullscreen mode, a hidden window creates problems

Post by Urs »

XnView: MP 0.92, 64 bit

My main use case for XnView is viewing individual files from a file manager. While the image is correctly shown in full-screen mode, the program seems to actually have another window in the background, showing the folder view. This is problematic in two ways:

(1) Effect: When switching tasks in full-screen mode, one cannot see which task shows which image.
• To reproduce: Open an image (in full-screen mode), press Alt+Tab.
• Actual behaviour: In the task overview, the image representing XnView MP is not one showing the image in question, but that of the non-full-screen view.
• Expected behaviour: The symbol image is the same shown full-screen.

(2) Effect: When loading a full-screen image, bandwidth is (supposedly) wasted by loading thumbnails of images in the same folder. This is especially unfortunate when loading images from remotely mounted drives.
• To reproduce: Open an image (in full-screen mode).
• Actual behaviour: In parallel to showing the image in question, thumbnails are derived from all the other images in its folder.
• Expected behaviour: All bandwidth is reserved for loading the selected image, and no other data is loaded.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 0.92: In fullscreen mode, a hidden window creates problems

Post by xnview »

do you use settings>General>Mode when starting... - Fullscreen - view?
Pierre.
Urs

Re: 0.92: In fullscreen mode, a hidden window creates problems

Post by Urs »

Uhm...no. Sorry for wasting your time; changing this does the trick.

I suppose I've become too used to "one size fits all" smartphone apps to imagine something like this might actually be configurable. Thank you - for both the feature and the hint!