Drag & Drop Sorting Issue

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

XnViewOnLinux

Drag & Drop Sorting Issue

Post by XnViewOnLinux »

I just installed XnView MP 0.90 on Linux Mint 18.3. On my old Linux 18.1 system, I would drag and drop thumbnails to sort them as I choose.

On my new system, I'm starting with thumbnails sorted by Created Date which gets them close to where I want them. But then trying to drag thumbnails around to better organize my photos causes the sort order to automatically change to alphabetical. I've never seen this behavior before on my old system.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Drag & Drop Sorting Issue

Post by xnview »

do you have sort by>Custom?
Pierre.
XnViewOnLinux

Post by XnViewOnLinux »

I've discovered more details since my first post. When I would drag a thumbnail to a new location, the entire list of thumbnails would change to alphabetical sorting, but yes the menu does indicate sort by>Custom. After this, I am able to drag additional thumbnails without any unexpected changes other than the thumbnail I'm moving. This was a huge problem though because I have 514 files in that directory and I only wanted to make a few custom sort changes to the order when starting from Created Date sort, but I would have to move almost every single file if starting from Alphabetical sorting. Fortunately I found that this behavior only happened once system wide, not once per directory. So I did the same in a directory with 5 files. Then when I came back to the directory with 514 files, the behavior had disappeared and I was able to custom sort starting from Created Date without any other unexpected changes to the sort order.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

i can't reproduce, could you send a screen record?
Pierre.
S0G-G047

Post by S0G-G047 »

I'm having this same issue. I try to sort by date and drag an drop a thumbnail to sort it differently, but it resets everything to be sorted by name. If I sort by date but then choose custom sort it still resets everything. I'm running XnView MP 0.92 x64 on Linux

Screen recording:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D0QCj_ ... e=youtu.be
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

S0G-G047 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:26 am I'm having this same issue. I try to sort by date and drag an drop a thumbnail to sort it differently, but it resets everything to be sorted by name. If I sort by date but then choose custom sort it still resets everything. I'm running XnView MP 0.92 x64 on Linux

Screen recording:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D0QCj_ ... e=youtu.be
Do you have a .XnViewSort file in this folder?
Pierre.
S0G-G047

Post by S0G-G047 »

I do. I tried deleting it to reset it but I'm still getting the same issue.
S0G-G047

Post by S0G-G047 »

It seems to have sorted itself out. I wish I could be more helpful with how I got it working, OP's method didn't work and I've deleted the sort file and let it regenerate but that did nothing. I believe setting it to custom, closing the program, and then adding more images to the folder did it?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

S0G-G047 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:29 am I do. I tried deleting it to reset it but I'm still getting the same issue.
I can't reproduce, could you send me your xnview.ini?
Pierre.