0.90: Capture only records 2/3 of the screen (upper left part) when Windows zoom is not 100%

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

GeorgD

0.90: Capture only records 2/3 of the screen (upper left part) when Windows zoom is not 100%

Post by GeorgD »

XnView: MP 0.90 64 bit
Hardware: Huawei MateBook (detachable)

Dear all,
when I call Menu > Tools > Capture, only the top left 1440x960 pixels of my 2160x1440 screen gets captured - all the rest is missing while I expect a screenhot of the complete desktop / window. So the result is similar to taking the expected screenshot and have the upper left two 3rds cropped. See attached screenshots produced by XnView MP (buggy) and Windows via PRINT key (shows the expected result).

I tried with all the options desktop / active window / window (windows are maximized), I tried with delay as well as Hotkey, I tried Firefox as well as java applications like JOSM as well as native Windows applications. The same for all.

I have the impression (not sure!) it has to do with high DPI and windows 10 scaling, as the resulting screenshot is looking like "zoomed in", i.,e. at 100% zoom the texts are larger than on my original screen. I have Windows set to show contents at 150% zoom. When I switch to 100% zoom, XnView MP creates the screenshots as expected.

Best regards, Georg
Attachments
screenshot with windows itself.jpg
In the XnView Wiki, you can improve the user guide / documentation / F1-help for XnView (classic/Windows) and for XnViewMP
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 0.90: Capture only records 2/3 of the screen (upper left part) when Windows zoom is not 100%

Post by xnview »

i can't reproduce, i've tried on windows with HiDPI (200%)
Pierre.