trevzilla

Next File/Previous File Shortcuts no longer working

Post by trevzilla »

XnView MP Windows
Version 0.90 64bits (Mar 4 2018)

I have shortcuts setup like a 'gamer.'
A is previous file,
D is next file.

I have this setup in both browser and viewer modes.

With the latest update, the previous/next file shortcuts no longer work. All my other shortcuts still work fine, but Previous/Next file shortcuts don't work in viewer mode. (They still work in browser mode)
trevzilla

Re: Next File/Previous File Shortcuts no longer working

Post by trevzilla »

Just tried this on a second computer as well. Still no dice.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

could you send me your default.keys file?
Pierre.
trevzilla

Post by trevzilla »

I think I found the issue. I guess the bug isn't there how I reported it after all. However there 'may be' a different bug that isn't nearly as big of an issue.

The hotkeys that I was using (A, and D) were already assigned to a different command. In previous versions, this hotkey had never been assigned. So when I updated (on both computers) I'm assuming my default.keys got merged. So it turns out that A and D were both assigned to two different commands, thereby rendering it useless.

For a bit, I thought I reassigned the hotkeys when I updated...so I thought maybe the bug was the fact that a warning window never popped up warning me about a duplicate assignment. But now that I think about it more, I don't think I did reassign shortcuts when I updated and I just used the whatever default.keys file was already there from my old install.

Anyway, you can probably mark this bug as solved, or closed. It probably only affects people if they update, and had A or D assigned as a hotkey already.