[Linux] "Open with" context menu doesn't work (0.88)

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

pangwolin

[Linux] "Open with" context menu doesn't work (0.88)

Post by pangwolin »

In Viewer Mode, the Open With context menu fails to start the configured applications with the currently viewed file as argument.

I have tried adding "gimp", "gimp-2.8", "gimp.desktop", and xnviewmp does find the specified paths

Code: Select all

lstat("/usr/bin/gimp", {st_mode=S_IFLNK|0777, st_size=8, ...}) = 0
but nothing happens. I saw this error (with strace) around the time the element is clicked in the menu, but it might not be related:

poll([{fd=5, events=POLLIN}, {fd=7, events=POLLIN}, {fd=13, events=POLLIN}, {fd=14, events=POLLIN}, {fd=20, events=POLLIN}], 5, 1425GEGL-geglmodule.c-Message: Module '/usr/lib/gegl-0.2/exr-save.so' load error: /usr/lib/libIlmImf-2_2.so.22: undefined symbol: _ZN7Iex_2_27BaseExc6assignERNSt7__cxx1118basic_stringstreamIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEE
) = 1 ([{fd=5, revents=POLLIN}])
This is on Arch Linux. Can anyone reproduce?

Is there any documentation about the arguments the user can supply to these "open with" programs anyway? I have tried %U, %F, but I have no idea...
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: [Linux] "Open with" context menu doesn't work (0.88)

Post by xnview »

do you have tried with another app?
Pierre.
pangwolin

Post by pangwolin »

I had not, my bad!
I have tried with 'feh' and it works just fine indeed.

It must be a quirk of GIMP then. It seems to actually be started judging from the error message below (the "gegl" one, probably not related to xnview), but it exits immediately after.

GEGL-geglmodule.c-Message: Module '/usr/lib/gegl-0.2/exr-save.so' load error: /usr/lib/libIlmImf-2_2.so.22: undefined symbol: _ZN7Iex_2_27BaseExc6assignERNSt7__cxx1118basic_stringstreamIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEE
Is there something special that Xnview does for starting third party programs?
Sorry for adding noise, but thank you! :)
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

ok, i think that the problem is with libIlmImf, XnViewMP has a version too. Try to rename it?
Pierre.
pangwolin

Post by pangwolin »

Thanks, I have renamed my libIlmImf-2_2.so.22 to libIlmImf-2_2.so.22.BAK and it now starts Gimp just fine!

sudo mv /usr/lib/libIlmImf-2_2.so.22{,.BAK}
For the record, these are now showing up in console (causes no problem):

GEGL-geglmodule.c-Message: Module '/usr/lib/gegl-0.2/exr-save.so' load error: libIlmImf-2_2.so.22: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
GEGL-geglmodule.c-Message: Module '/usr/lib/gegl-0.2/exr-load.so' load error: libIlmImf-2_2.so.22: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
GEGL-geglmodule.c-Message: Module '/usr/lib/gegl-0.2/openraw.so' load error: libopenraw.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libIlmImf-2_2.so is part of the "openexr" package, a 'high dynamic-range image file format library'.
Required By : gimp gst-plugins-bad kdelibs kio-extras krita opencv
Optional For : gegl02 libmagick libmagick6

Thanks. :)