[0.87]Another old bug trigger view

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderator: Dreamer

jadO

[0.87]Another old bug trigger view

Postby jadO » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:41 am

There is another old bug related to event triggers: Thumbnails do not get displayed. This happends under a certain condition when there are less thumbnails than the current view has space for.
For me it is 95% reproducible in this way: Rapidly type a string into the search box which will not produce any results: Forexamples: event001xxxxx
Then reduce the string letter by letter. In my case I know there is only one file matching the string event001xxx. So the initial string event001xxxxx des not produce a result. When I reduce it by one x there is still no match. Removing another x gives me the result. BUT it shows the file type icon for mp4 only it does not show the thumbnail.
To get a thumbnail preview I have to further reduce letters until there are more matches. The number of matches therfor must exceed the number the current display area can display. In my case I have to reduce it to event001. This fills the space with enough files and now thumbnails are displayed.
Now when I add xxx again, I get the intended result showing with thumbnail.

My conclusion is that there are some missing event triggers or failing triggers that fire when the number of actual search results are less than the number that could actually be displayed in the browser.

jadO

Re: [0.87]Another old bug trigger view

Postby jadO » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:30 am

Can you reproduce?

xnview
Author of XnView

Postby xnview » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:25 am

jadO wrote:Rapidly type a string into the search box which will not produce any results: Forexamples: event001xxxxx

before all thumbnails was created?
Pierre.

jadO

Postby jadO » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:42 am

xnview wrote:
jadO wrote:Rapidly type a string into the search box which will not produce any results: Forexamples: event001xxxxx

before all thumbnails was created?

Yes, of course. All thumbnails have been created. They only don't get displayed under this specific conditioin.

Return to “New”