fullscreen problem

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderator: Dreamer

Erixx haxx
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:37 am

Re: fullscreen problem

Post by Erixx haxx » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:40 pm

xnview wrote:and with fusion theme?
Yes, I can reproduce with all themes. Even default

To reproduce:
1.Open XnviewMP, Maximize Window
2. Have preview panel in left bottom corner, Folder tree above Preview, Browser in Center, Info/Categories Along Right. "This May not matter but is my setup"
3. Enter a folder with Videos.
4. Enter a folder with pictures.
5. Go to full-screen, back to browser, back to full-screen.
Problem happens every 2nd time you enter full-screen, Main widget is seen along bottom and right hand side of screen cutting off picture.

To fix: Either switch themes or restart XnviewMP. "Stay out of video folders"

Sorana
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:01 am

Re: fullscreen problem

Post by Sorana » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:24 am

xnview wrote:
Sorana wrote:
arch21 wrote:open image->maximize window->go to fullscreen->exit fullscreen (window size get same as desktop)->go to fullscreen
see desktop edge
Upgraded from version 0.72 (I think) to 0.76.1 x64 today and have the same problem. It looks somewhat like this

Proper fullscreen (first time) http://imgur.com/3jNVqxs,
leave fullscreen (F11), enter fullscreen again
second "fullscreen" (second time) http://imgur.com/3Ac5twH

Note the bar at the bottom.
With Windows 8.1? In browser, F11 (fullscreen ok), F11 (browser), F11 (fullscreen with problem)??
Sorry for not including the Windows version in the previous comment. In my case it's happening like that on Windows 10.
I didn't include that information previously because my Windows version didn't change, while the XnViewMP version did (even after a fresh re-installation), and it has been happening for people on other versions of Windows as well.
Erixx haxx wrote:
xnview wrote:and with fusion theme?
Yes, I can reproduce with all themes. Even default

To reproduce:
1.Open XnviewMP, Maximize Window
2. Have preview panel in left bottom corner, Folder tree above Preview, Browser in Center, Info/Categories Along Right. "This May not matter but is my setup"
3. Enter a folder with Videos.
4. Enter a folder with pictures.
5. Go to full-screen, back to browser, back to full-screen.
Problem happens every 2nd time you enter full-screen, Main widget is seen along bottom and right hand side of screen cutting off picture.

To fix: Either switch themes or restart XnviewMP. "Stay out of video folders"
Only restart works for me, and then only until I leave and then enter fullscreen again. Not using themes, no other tab but the single picture is open (no browser), and no videos in the same folder (happens even with a folder that includes no files other than that one image).

Erixx haxx
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:37 am

Re: fullscreen problem

Post by Erixx haxx » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:41 am

Sorana wrote: Only restart works for me, and then only until I leave and then enter fullscreen again. Not using themes, no other tab but the single picture is open (no browser), and no videos in the same folder (happens even with a folder that includes no files other than that one image).
So your not Switching from browser to full-screen. Do you mean you are going straight to full-screen from explorer and this happens ??
Also no Videos??. That's the only way i can get a consistent reproduce. Maybe 2 different causes then..

I still think its the same bug though, because my screen looks close to your screen-shot you posted. If you look at the right side of your screen-shot you can see part of a window i'm guessing is Xnviewmp's. The bottom bar looks like you probably have your preview window along the bottom in browser mode and its showing through.

I hope its not 2 different bugs, windows 10 is quite different from win 7 though. Maybe another screen-shot of how your Main layout is will help.

Sorana
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:01 am

Re: fullscreen problem

Post by Sorana » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:11 pm

I set XnView to start in fullscreen, and don't use the file browser much.
So yes, I open a file directly, which opens in fullscreen and looks normal. Then I double press F11 (exit fullscreen, enter fullscreen again) and then that bar is right there at the bottom.

You're right, that's the XnView window/border/[x] that's shining through there, strangely enough. So it does indeed look like the fullscreen is simply offset for some reason. Well, not simply... since an offset alone doesn't explain why that bar element remains at the bottom like that.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31264
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: fullscreen problem

Post by xnview » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:40 am

if you try with a clean .ini, same problem?
do you use font scaling?
Pierre.

arch21
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:46 pm

Re: fullscreen problem

Post by arch21 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:19 am

I don't know if I was posting 2 different (which I thought) bugs related to fullscreen.
Good to know someone could confirm the first bug
I wonder if anyone could confirm the second here (see first post).

Infi220
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:07 am

Re: fullscreen problem

Post by Infi220 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:21 am

I'm seeing both of these bugs as well (after upgrading from 0.72 to 0.76). I'm using Win7 64bit. I tried clean ini, default theme and dark theme. I can repro both issues every time:

1) I launch XnViewMP and enter the browser view. I maximize the browser, select a JPG and press [Enter] 3 times to switch to > Viewer > Full Screen > Browser. Result: browser is now in a windowed state. It should be maximized.

2) We are now in a browser view that is windowed. I press [Enter] 2 times to switch to > Viewer > Full Screen
Result: bar and border visible on the bottom and right side in the Full-Screen view.

Problem #2 happens only when full-screen view is launched from a windowed browser, exactly as explained above.
Last edited by Infi220 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mixer
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:24 am

Re: fullscreen problem

Post by Mixer » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:43 am

Might be related or not, try to read the answers to this question.
stackoverflow.com: How do I store the window size between sessions in Qt?

arch21
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:46 pm

Re: fullscreen problem

Post by arch21 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:11 am

I just wanna post screenshot for the second bug
my image resolution : 1920 x 1080
my screen resolution : 1366 x 768

screenshot from windowed mode
Image

hold ctrl, left-click on image, go to fullscreen, here the result

screenshot from fullscreen
Image

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31264
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: fullscreen problem

Post by xnview » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:49 am

could you send me your email by PM (i would like to send a test version)
Pierre.

Infi220
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:07 am

Re: fullscreen problem

Post by Infi220 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:03 pm

PM sent.
FYI, neither of those issues happen in 0.72, so it's a regression since that version.

miaolapd
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:30 pm

Re: fullscreen problem

Post by miaolapd » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:57 am

xnview wrote:if you try with a clean .ini, same problem?
do you use font scaling?
I have same problem in the 0.7.6.1 x64.
I use Windows 10 x64.
I try with a clean .ini, and not use font scaling, but still have the problem.

0.7.2 don't have the problem, I have to roll back to that version.
I hope the problem will be fixed not long after.

Infi220
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:07 am

Re: fullscreen problem

Post by Infi220 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:46 pm

miaolapd wrote:
xnview wrote:if you try with a clean .ini, same problem?
do you use font scaling?
I have same problem in the 0.7.6.1 x64.
I use Windows 10 x64.
I try with a clean .ini, and not use font scaling, but still have the problem.

0.7.2 don't have the problem, I have to roll back to that version.
I hope the problem will be fixed not long after.
This has been fixed in a Pierre's private build. I expect the fix will show up in the next version.

miaolapd
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:30 pm

Re: fullscreen problem

Post by miaolapd » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:28 pm

Infi220 wrote:
miaolapd wrote:
xnview wrote:if you try with a clean .ini, same problem?
do you use font scaling?
I have same problem in the 0.7.6.1 x64.
I use Windows 10 x64.
I try with a clean .ini, and not use font scaling, but still have the problem.

0.7.2 don't have the problem, I have to roll back to that version.
I hope the problem will be fixed not long after.
This has been fixed in a Pierre's private build. I expect the fix will show up in the next version.
Oh, I see. That's fine.

Post Reply