XnViewMP 0.75 : file association

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

arch21

XnViewMP 0.75 : file association

Post by arch21 »

this button doesn't work. when I investigate the registries, entries with prefix XnViewMP(XnViewMP.bmp, XnViewMP.png) getting changed from xnviewmp.exe to xnview.exe after I click the button. Also, I can find it on "Set your default programs" after I click that
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: XnViewMP 0.75 : file association

Post by xnview »

arch21 wrote:this button doesn't work. when I investigate the registries, entries with prefix XnViewMP(XnViewMP.bmp, XnViewMP.png) getting changed from xnviewmp.exe to xnview.exe after I click the button. Also, I can find it on "Set your default programs" after I click that
you means that you had before association with XnViewMP 0.72??
Pierre.
arch21

Post by arch21 »

I'm sorry if I couldn't explain it clearly. What I mean is the button on menu Tools->Settings->Integration->Run the File association(s) tool....
If I remember correctly when I was using v0.72 back then, it open file association setting. In this v0.75, after finish installation, I can set it via Control panel->"Default Programs"->"Set your default programs", I still can see "XnViewMP for Windows". Once I click "Run the File association(s) tool..." button, it doesn't appear.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

arch21 wrote:I'm sorry if I couldn't explain it clearly. What I mean is the button on menu Tools->Settings->Integration->Run the File association(s) tool....
If I remember correctly when I was using v0.72 back then, it open file association setting. In this v0.75, after finish installation, I can set it via Control panel->"Default Programs"->"Set your default programs", I still can see "XnViewMP for Windows". Once I click "Run the File association(s) tool..." button, it doesn't appear.
right an error
Pierre.
Erixx haxx

Post by Erixx haxx »

arch21 wrote:Once I click "Run the File association(s) tool..." button, it doesn't appear.
Not sure if this helps, but you can go into Xnviewmp install folder and double click the "Associate files with XnViewMP.exe" file and it will open the dialog. this worked for me.
win7x64
xnviewmp 0.75x64