0.71 zip download, 32bit - application has failed to start

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

Sprintdriver

0.71 zip download, 32bit - application has failed to start

Post by Sprintdriver »

Hi.

I just downloaded the "XnViewMP-win.zip", and extracted all the files in a directory F:\Progs\Grafiske\XnView (where I have several folders with portable apps).

When I tries to run xnview.exe, I get the following error message:

Code: Select all

---------------------------
F:\Progs\Grafiske\XnView\xnview.exe
F:\Progs\Grafiske\XnView\xnview.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
OK   
I've looked for possible causes to the problem:
  • Folder permission: I have all possible permission, that's not the problem. User logged on local computer have admin rights.
  • Write protected - no, I can write to the folder
  • Any old registry entries from old XnView installations - No, I've searched the whole windows registry for "xnview" and found nothing (exept for 7z last used folder and similar hits not related to xnview application and it's settings). No entries found.
  • Old OS? - Running XP sp3, english. I Assume that XnViewMP supports XP (I don't find any info suggesting it doesn't)
  • Missing INI file? No, I have had 1.99.6 (extracted from zip file) in the past on same computer, and I tried to use the same old ini file in program dir, no change.
  • Compared DLL version in program folder against required (in manifest files). All the files vcomp90.dll, msvcr90.dll, msvcp90.dll, msvcm90.dll - No. The file msvcm90.dll is NOT included in the zip file I downloaded.
Another thing - When I right click xnview.exe from Explorer, chooses Properties and goes to the Version tab, it says file version = 0.69.0.0.

I will see if downloading the msvcm90.dll manually will help to the problem. I does not having the matching version in windows directory anyway.
Sprintdriver

Re: 0.71 zip download, 32bit - application has failed to sta

Post by Sprintdriver »

Workaround by installing this package: Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86).

Now I can run XnViewMP