XnView MP hangs when folder contains MP4 files

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderator: Dreamer

mauri

XnView MP hangs when folder contains MP4 files

Post by mauri » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:09 pm

Hi all

I have a problem with XnView 0.92 (and also 0.91) with MP4 files being generated by my Lumix GX80 camera.
The MP4 files are pictures taken with the "post focus" feature (https://www.panasonic.com/global/consum ... focus.html).

Showing the folder content works when opening XnView MP if the folder contains any MP4 post focus pictures.
The preview is shown in the preview window.
When doing any operation in the detail view (e.g. reordering the pictures, deleting a pciture) XnView MP freezes immediately and never comes back.
The bug can be reproduced easily (see attached gif).

When I remove all MP4 pictures from the folder then XnView MP works as expected and doesn't freeze.

Attached is a link to the problematic MP4 file (https://we.tl/t-Fv8BVZcp8v) and an animated gif showing the bug.

Environment: Windows 10 64bit
Language: German

Please let me know if you need any additional information.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards
M. Erni
Attachments
2018-10-21_20-01-32.gif

dihei1955

Re: XnView MP hangs when folder contains MP4 files

Post by dihei1955 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:00 pm

Hi,
I have the same problem. Not all MP4-files let hang XnView MP but some special.
That problem occured with the SourceForge-Program 'Mp4Video 1-click' because it used an old ffmpeg version. When I replaced that with the actual version the problem was solved.
XnView MP shows that hanging with all MP4 that the old 1-click could not convert. Unfortunately it hangs with fresh converted videos nevertheless :(

dihei1955

Re: XnView MP hangs when folder contains MP4 files

Post by dihei1955 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:37 pm

Hi,
the problem is not the format of the video - it's the 4-thumbnail-view for videos with short ones. Changing the setting back to 1 image in the thumbnail solves the problem, xnview does not freeze anymore and shows the thumbnail.