Please Add These 3 important Effects

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

User avatar
Hakim Antoine Said
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:39 pm
Location: Earth XD

Please Add These 3 important Effects

Post by Hakim Antoine Said »

Hello everyone

It would be great if XnView MP had these 3 effects

Drop Shadow Effect
Oil Panting Effect
And 3D Border Effect

the Classic version has those 3 effects, but with respect, I don't like the Classic version, I love the MP version

PLEASE it would be great if you add those 3 effects that I always use, and use them in the MP version :wink:

Thank you very much and I´ll wait for an answer please, a huge hug

BUT THERE IS ALSO AN EFFECT THAT I LOVE AND IRFANVIEW HAS IT, I SHOW THAT EFFECT IN IMAGE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Always Keep Going :wink:
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 43828
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: Please Add These 3 important Effects

Post by xnview »

you have them in 'Batch convert'
Pierre.
User avatar
Hakim Antoine Said
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:39 pm
Location: Earth XD

Re: Please Add These 3 important Effects

Post by Hakim Antoine Said »

xnview wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:13 am you have them in 'Batch convert'
everything´s perfect!

BUT...

when i click on Convert, it saves the changes with name Result, but i don´t want that, i want when i click on Convert, i want a window appear for telling me where i want to save the new image, how do i do that ?
Always Keep Going :wink:
cday
XnThusiast
Posts: 4017
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:45 am
Location: Cheltenham, U.K.

Re: Please Add These 3 important Effects

Post by cday »

Hakim Antoine Said wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:02 pm
xnview wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:13 am you have them in 'Batch convert'
everything´s perfect!

BUT...

when i click on Convert, it saves the changes with name Result, but i don´t want that, i want when i click on Convert, i want a window appear for telling me where i want to save the new image, how do i do that ?
Please take a look at the Output tab, and maybe also the Settings tab... :D
User avatar
Hakim Antoine Said
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:39 pm
Location: Earth XD

Re: Please Add These 3 important Effects

Post by Hakim Antoine Said »

cday wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:08 pm
Hakim Antoine Said wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:02 pm
xnview wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:13 am you have them in 'Batch convert'
everything´s perfect!

BUT...

when i click on Convert, it saves the changes with name Result, but i don´t want that, i want when i click on Convert, i want a window appear for telling me where i want to save the new image, how do i do that ?
Please take a look at the Output tab, and maybe also the Settings tab... :D
it doesn´t work

it says "select a specific folder", and i don´t want that, i want when i click on Convert, i want a window appear for telling me where i want to save the new image

how do i do that ?

i think it doesn´t exist an option for that, what a pity :!:
Always Keep Going :wink:
User avatar
Hakim Antoine Said
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:39 pm
Location: Earth XD

Re: Please Add These 3 important Effects

Post by Hakim Antoine Said »

nothing´s perfect in this life

i would like to select a folder for the new image, and not saving it in the same folder, and i don´t want select a specific folder, i want a window appear to select where i want to save the new image, is that possible right now ?, or that option does not existe yet :?:
Always Keep Going :wink:
User avatar
Hakim Antoine Said
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:39 pm
Location: Earth XD

Re: Please Add These 3 important Effects

Post by Hakim Antoine Said »

besides...

there is a serious BUG with XnView MP version, very serious bug, when I crop some part of the image and I want to edit it in batch convert, the default image appears and not the image I croped, it is an extremely terrible bug for me, because I usually crop the image and apply effects, but when I want to apply the effect, the real image appears and the cropped image does not appear

WHAT A PITY :!:

please Pierre fix that :(
Always Keep Going :wink:
User avatar
Hakim Antoine Said
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:39 pm
Location: Earth XD

Re: Please Add These 3 important Effects

Post by Hakim Antoine Said »

2 things to be fixed

1st

when i apply effects on batch convert, i want a window appear for telling me where i want to save the new image

and 2nd

when i crop an image and i want to apply effects on batch convert, it appers the default image and not appear the croped image

please Pierre fix them :wink:

i hope you fix them soon please, i usually use those options often, and now i can´t use them, very tedious
Last edited by Hakim Antoine Said on Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always Keep Going :wink:
cday
XnThusiast
Posts: 4017
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:45 am
Location: Cheltenham, U.K.

Re: Please Add These 3 important Effects

Post by cday »

Hakim Antoine Said wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:28 pm I would like to select a folder for the new image, and not save it in the same folder, and i don´t want select a specific folder, i want a window appear to select where i want to save the new image, is that possible right now ?, or that option does not exist yet :?:
You would like a Save... window to open when you click Convert?

XnView MP Batch convert (and XnConvert, the excellent stand-alone batch conversion software) are easily navigated by browsing the tabs, which are largely self-explanatory.

Selecting the Output tab and then setting an output folder, with the aid of the provided preset options if required, is quick and easy once familiarity is gained. The Output tab will in any case often have to be opened to set the output file format. So, yes, somewhat unusual, but easily learned.
cday
XnThusiast
Posts: 4017
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:45 am
Location: Cheltenham, U.K.

Re: Please Add These 3 important Effects

Post by cday »

Hakim Antoine Said wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:50 pm besides...

there is a serious BUG with XnView MP version, very serious bug, when I crop some part of the image and I want to edit it in batch convert, the default image appears and not the image I croped, it is an extremely terrible bug for me, because I usually crop the image and apply effects, but when I want to apply the effect, the real image appears and the cropped image does not appear

WHAT A PITY :!:
Please post issues relating to different topics as separate threads, that is easier for everyone and more likely to result in issues being resolved in a timely manner... :D

You can if you wish edit your own posts and if you wish copy text into a new thread.
User avatar
Hakim Antoine Said
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:39 pm
Location: Earth XD

Re: Please Add These 3 important Effects

Post by Hakim Antoine Said »

hello cday, my dear friend

i understand what you say and i want to say thanks a lot for your help

BUT...

it is not what i want, i want a window appear and tell me where i want to save the new image, and not a specific folder or in the same folder with name result, no, that´s not what i want

i want a NEW window appear and tell me where i want to save the new image
Always Keep Going :wink:
User avatar
Hakim Antoine Said
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:39 pm
Location: Earth XD

Re: Please Add These 3 important Effects

Post by Hakim Antoine Said »

cday wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:08 pm
Hakim Antoine Said wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:50 pm besides...

there is a serious BUG with XnView MP version, very serious bug, when I crop some part of the image and I want to edit it in batch convert, the default image appears and not the image I croped, it is an extremely terrible bug for me, because I usually crop the image and apply effects, but when I want to apply the effect, the real image appears and the cropped image does not appear

WHAT A PITY :!:
Please post issues relating to different topics as separate threads, that is easier for everyone and more likely to result in issues being resolved in a timely manner... :D

You can if you wish edit your own posts and if you wish copy text into a new thread.
sorry bro, you´re right

my apologies
Always Keep Going :wink: