Windows10 64bit (22H2), display resolution 3840x2160, win scaling 150%
There are too many metadata related dialogs and they all look diferent.
Merge all Metadata related dialogs in a single dialog and minimize use of tabs (see how Photoshops' dialog look much cleaner over GIMP's one).
As for me, Photoshop's UI is the best one here as it is easy to use, understand and navigate.
- details may remain splited into groups or changed to scrollable
- not sure preview is required since:
- image is not affected visually
- metadata dialog is not fullscreen modal, so you always can see the image on background
However it may help if batch editing will be added some time in the future
- additional controls/indicators
to narrow down fields
to add some field/groups to Favourites/Pinned custom group
- blue dot
to indicate that group has data
- (optional) X
to clear selected group, probably its better to have this functionality only as button, close to "Clear all fields"
- modal dialog (e.g. photoshop, gimp)
- side panel (e.g. lightroom, acdsee)
Metadata - merge all Edit dialogs into single one (current post)
Metadata - unify 'Clean metadata' dialog
- done -
Metadata - unify menu group in Browser/Viewer toolbar and context menu (done in 1.5.0)