Fixed width Data pane

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

m_seitzz

Fixed width Data pane

Post by m_seitzz »

Right now, the Info pane has a fixed, user adjustable width. When the XnView MP window is resized horizontally, XnView MP will try to keep the Info pane at its current width, and only resize the Data pane.

It would be very helpful if the Data pane could be set to a fixed size. E.g. with "Layout 2", one could adjust the width of the Data pane in such a way that the thumbnail view is two thumbnails wide. On resizing the XnView MP window, I'd like to keep the Data pane two thumbnails wide and have the Info pane with the preview resized instead.
m_seitzz

Re: Fixed width Data pane

Post by m_seitzz »

Am I really the only person that wishes for a fixed width tree and thumbnail pane, like in ye olde Xnview?

Or is there any way to achieve this by editing the ini or css?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

what do you means by 'data pane', thumbnail view?
Pierre.
m_seitzz

Post by m_seitzz »

xnview wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:02 amwhat do you means by 'data pane', thumbnail view?
Haha, reading my previous postings, I see that they are difficult to understand. Especially when people use a different layout than I do :mrgreen:

I hope this picture explains better what I mean. Right now, resizing the XnView MP window will leave the preview the same size and change the width of the tree and thumbnails instead. Especially when making the window smaller, the thumbnails will shrink from e.g. 3 columns to 1 column (or even 0.5!). XnView (classic?) does resize the preview and leave the tree and thumbnail width alone.
Attachments
xnview.png
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

ok, but i have no way to fix the width of this pane
Pierre.
m_seitzz

Post by m_seitzz »

Too bad. But thanks for having looked into this :D