Hide tabs bar when only one tab is open

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

CaspianRoach

Hide tabs bar when only one tab is open

Post by CaspianRoach »

Moved from Classic to MP recently, classic had a great feature — it allowed you to hide the tab bar when it only contained a single tab. This allowed you to combine the good bits of both states — bigger workspace when singletasking and convenient switching when multitasking.

I found the option that lets you to hide Tab bar permanently in MP but no option that would let me reproduce the classic behaviour.

It's not a big deal and I can re-teach myself to use the Windows drop menu instead (I singletask XnView more than I multitask), but it would be great if we could have the option to have the best of both worlds.
CaspianRoach

Re: Hide tabs bar when only one tab is open

Post by CaspianRoach »

I just realised that there's no Window dropdown Menu anymore, so if you have tabs bar hidden, you basically have no way of switching between the open documents. Then this option is a bigger deal than I thought, constantly switching tabs bar on and off based on my current task manually is going to get tedious after a while.
Leomass

Re: Hide tabs bar when only one tab is open

Post by Leomass »

I missed that option too. One way around this was to create a shortcut icon in view mode with the option to show/hide tabs