Better Category search

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

unqltango

Better Category search

Post by unqltango »

Sorry if this is already implemented, jn that case, please point me there. (that can happen, this post actually had 3 suggestions, but then I checked XnView again and found 2 suggestions already implemented.) :)

In the Category window, the Categories has a Search field. I'd like if this search field would search in the whole expression and not only the start of the expression. For example I defined a Category: "Black Cat". Now if I i want to search for "Cat", the "Black Cat" is not listed among the results. I have to start typing "Bla.." to find this Category.

So I'd like if the search would find all the categories which contain the typed word.

Thanks,
Tango
michel038
XnThusiast

Re: Better Category search

Post by michel038 »

To the right of the search field, there is a three dot action to expand (or fold) all categories, and a down-arrow menu : you will find different search modes here ...
unqltango

Re: Better Category search

Post by unqltango »

michel038 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:25 pm To the right of the search field, there is a three dot action to expand (or fold) all categories, and a down-arrow menu : you will find different search modes here ...
Awesome, thank you!