Option to disable XnView from starting up whenever we view an image in fullscreen mode

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Stanfoo

Option to disable XnView from starting up whenever we view an image in fullscreen mode

Post by Stanfoo » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:49 am

Whenever you open an image to be viewed in fullscreen mode, after pressing ESC to exit, XnView program is automatically opened and shows that same image. I find that intrusive, it would be nice to have an option to disable XnView from automatically opening whenever we view an image in fullscreen mode. I used FastStone Image Viewer before switching to XnView and that image viewer did not have this problem, so I would think you'd be able to implement this.

xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Option to disable XnView from starting up whenever we view an image in fullscreen mode

Post by xnview » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:44 am

you means that browser comes after pressing ESC on fullscreen image?
Pierre.

Stanfoo

Re: Option to disable XnView from starting up whenever we view an image in fullscreen mode

Post by Stanfoo » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:17 am

xnview wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:44 am
No. Browser comes immediately after opening an image on fullscreen mode. But you don't notice the browser until after you exit fullscreen mode.

cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:47 pm

Stanfoo wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:49 am
Whenever you open an image to be viewed in fullscreen mode, after pressing ESC to exit, XnView program is automatically opened and shows that same image. I find that intrusive, it would be nice to have an option to disable XnView from automatically opening whenever we view an image in fullscreen mode.
Stanfoo wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:17 am
xnview wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:44 am
No. Browser comes immediately after opening an image on fullscreen mode. But you don't notice the browser until after you exit fullscreen mode.

Option to 'Close XnView when exit fullscreen' ?

Stanfoo

Post by Stanfoo » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:19 am

cday wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:47 pm
Option to 'Close XnView when exit fullscreen' ?
That could work, but it would have to close at the same time when exiting fullscreen. If you still see the browser for a split second after exiting fullscreen, then there wouldn't be much point, as I don't want to see the browser at all. Ideally I'd prefer XnView to just not start up at all.

xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:47 am

do you have 'open browser' unchecked?
Pierre.

Stanfoo

Post by Stanfoo » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:52 am

xnview wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:47 am
do you have 'open browser' unchecked?
yes

foxyshadis

Post by foxyshadis » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:39 am

This has worked for me for years. Under Interface->Keyboard there's a "Pressing ESC once quits XnViewMP" option, do you have that set to Never? Either of the other options should do it.