Image edit options should be available in thumbnail view

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

vicsharx

Image edit options should be available in thumbnail view

Post by vicsharx »

There is no reason why these options are not available there and also can not be added to the toolbar.
The idea could be "I want to see the image full size to do changes" but we have a preview window and support for second monitor. I normally work with the preview window detached in a second monitor full screen. Lightroom does the same and makes the experience rather cumbersome with continuous changing between both modes. But at least in Lightroom we have in the bottom access to thumbnails in develop mode.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Image edit options should be available in thumbnail view

Post by xnview »

so you want the browser on first monitor, and fullscreen + edit tools on the second?
Pierre.
vicsharx

Re: Image edit options should be available in thumbnail view

Post by vicsharx »

Whatever is easier to implement. I don't think my idea deserves a huge amount of resources.
The point is that if I select a image in thumbnail mode I should have accessible the possibility to add in the tool bar image edit tools.
Once I click them then do whatever is easy, that can be:
-Allow simply editing the image directly using the preview window. (the second monitor automatic option is not practical as I can not control what monitor it chooses)
-Or open the image viewer and edit the image there. Less practical, but as I say I don't think huge changes should be done only for this.