Batch Convert: Naming output files in numeric sequence

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

mjn

Post by mjn »

When performing batch conversions (essentially a resize operation), I tried to rename the output files by something like A#_{filename} in order to sort the output files in a predetermined order. But apparently, the numbering (#) does not comply in any way to the order of appearance on the screen. I was searching a way to reflect the order of images on the screen (as they can be rearranged at will) in the naming of the output files. Any idea ? Thanks a lot.
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

mjn wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:56 pm When performing batch conversions ... I tried to rename the output files by something like A#_{filename} in order to sort the output files in a predetermined order. But apparently, the numbering (#) does not comply in any way to the order of appearance on the screen. I was searching a way to reflect the order of images on the screen (as they can be rearranged at will) in the naming of the output files. Any idea ? Thanks a lot.

The order of the output files viewed in the XnView MP browser window? If so, possibly the order you need can be obtained by changing the View > Sort by setting...

Note that if you are converting more than 10 files, you will need to use ## for two digits or ### for three digits, and so on.

Otherwise, can you explain in more detail and give example output file names to illustrate what you need.