Please add more Affinity file extensions

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

JustWantedToRequsest

Please add more Affinity file extensions

Post by JustWantedToRequsest »

My feature suggestion is to add more Affinity formats, such as .afstyles, .afbrushes and .afpalette. Pretty please :)

Years ago, I paid $10 just so I could see previews of photoshop files such as brushes, palettes, gradients and patterns in Windows File Explorer. In the last few months, I've been using Serif Affinity products and Windows wasn't showing me thumbnails of any of it. Not to mention that when I ditched the money hungry Adobe products, thumbnail previews went away for svg, eps and ai files. Preset Viewer Argus has no apparent way to get in touch with the devs to request anything and it was unholy tiresome having to open files one by one to see what they were. I discovered XnView just recently and had to sign up specifically so I could praise XnView as a fantastic product. I can't believe that it shows thumbnails for just about anything I can throw at it. I tried a couple other free image viewers but nothing had the features, thumbnails for Affinity files and folder sorting by date except XnView. I can't give enough props to the devs for this product!

Thanks again for a superb media viewer!
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Please add more Affinity file extensions

Post by xnview »

JustWantedToRequsest wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:59 pm My feature suggestion is to add more Affinity formats, such as .afstyles, .afbrushes and .afpalette. Pretty please :)
could you send me some samples?
Pierre.
JustWantedToRequsest

Re: Please add more Affinity file extensions

Post by JustWantedToRequsest »

xnview wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:23 am
JustWantedToRequsest wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:59 pm My feature suggestion is to add more Affinity formats, such as .afstyles, .afbrushes and .afpalette. Pretty please :)
could you send me some samples?
I'm sorry I guess I never expected an answer :D Here's the examples that you requested..Thank you for responding and wanting to look at these files. I tried to upload them to you but first it was unsupported format error, then when i tried to zip them, it was always too big..so here is the link to my dropbox folder, where i put all of them into zip format https://www.dropbox.com/s/0iopt6hwwfo75 ... s.zip?dl=0 Thanks again for taking a look!