Add a "Match ONLY" option in addition to ALL/ANY on category filter

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

snkr

Add a "Match ONLY" option in addition to ALL/ANY on category filter

Post by snkr »

I'm looking for a way to filter my pictures that match ONLY certain categories. As far as I see,this cannot be done currently.

Example:

I have the categories [Family], [Vacation] and [Black&White] with pictures in each and some matching multiple or all categories. If I only want to see [Black&White] [Family] pictures, but NOT from a [Vacation] this is not possible with the current category filtering since I have some [Black&White] [Family] [Vacation] pics which will show up as a result for a [Family] [Black&White] selection in ANY/ALL modes.

Suggestion/Desired Behaviour:

Have an ONLY mode in addition to ALL/ANY that will show only those pics that are tagged with selected categories, but not others. I can select [Family] and [Black&White], but wont get [Black&White] [Family] [Vacation] pictures as a result, since [Vacation] isn't selected.

I admit that I only did a cursory search if there is a way to achieve the described behaviour. If there is one, please point me to it and I apologize for the spam. Otherwise I think this could be a useful addition to the category filter and maybe the search function.