Close image preview tab mouse doubleclick

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

postcd

Close image preview tab mouse doubleclick

Post by postcd »

Hello, i see when i open XnView MP, there is one tab open which from my language into english translates as "Explorer", i do not know how to open another tab.

But when i want to open image, i double click it using mouse. I would like if i can close the opened image tab quickly, same as i open it.
When one operate mouse to open image it is convenient to simialarly use mouse to close it without spending time to navigate to the "X" button of the newly opened tab.

For a newbie like me i would assume i can also dobule click opened image to close its tab. No it leave tab open and return to explorer. I can not find any setting to set mouse to close it using doubleclick. Any idea? I know i can use Esc key, but you always do not have hand on the Esc key, you want to close image as quickly as possible instead of looking on the keyboard to find and click Esc key.

Or can this be a new feature that user can define mouse double click for closing image?
Sirio

Re: Close image preview tab mouse doubleclick

Post by Sirio »

You can already do Double-click on tab instead to click the X:
Settings -> Interface -> Tabs -> Double-click on Tabs.
Or you have "Ctrl+W" keyboard short-cut.

But your idea to Double-click on the picture to come back in Browse mode and close its tab at the same time, is a good idea for a setting. Why not.
Sirio
postcd

Re: Close image preview tab mouse doubleclick

Post by postcd »

Thank You for the tips on Ctrl+W and doubleclick on tab to close it. Though these are not enough fast, like double click on the image.
But your idea to Double-click on the picture to come back in Browse mode and close its tab at the same time, is a good idea for a setting. Why not.
Thank you, i wish programmers add this option. I think returning back to Explorer leaving image tab open should be really lower priority action than to close the tab - which should be the default or allow user to set this in Settings.