Crop regions border with mouse

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

erty

Crop regions border with mouse

Post by erty »

XnView: MP 0.9 - 64 bit

It is will be really convenient to permit us to change and drag crop region by mouse. Not only by change strict coordinates by numbers.

It's look like everything ready: cursor is change when I mouse on border, but I cant drag that region or do anything with mouse. Nothing happen. I can only change numbers by hands on the top toolbar.

may be it is bug. I hope so, idk.

https://pasteboard.co/HnptlOk.png
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Crop regions border with mouse

Post by xnview »

but you can change the selection for cropping with mouse
Pierre.
dajare

Post by dajare »

xnview wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:04 pm but you can change the selection for cropping with mouse
At least on OSX (XnView MP 0.88), trying to drag the selecion handles, or the "cross-hairs" icon to drag the selection does nothing at all. :(

Having a freehand select-via-"mouse" (or touchpad) would be wonderful, but at least it would be good if the feature of modifying a selection via mouse/touchpad was actually working.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

dajare wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:26 pm Having a freehand select-via-"mouse" (or touchpad) would be wonderful, but at least it would be good if the feature of modifying a selection via mouse/touchpad was actually working.
it works on lastest version, please check settings>Interface>Mouse
Pierre.
dajare

Post by dajare »

xnview wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:52 pm it works on lastest version, please check settings>Interface>Mouse
Thanks for that pointer. I just got 0.90, checked the settings (to see assignments to actions) and ... it works! 8) Thanks for that!

I'll have to experiment a bit, as on the MacBook, there is no "left/right", etc. when it comes to the touchpad. But "Ctrl+Click" enabled dragging the handles of the selection, and that's what was needed. Thanks again!