Batch conversion

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Octopuss

Batch conversion

Post by Octopuss »

I would like to be able to specify the size below which an image will be skipped. I have 120GB worth of unknown photos here which I need to resize to something reasonable, but not knowing what they are like, I'd like to avoid underresizing.

Also, an explanation for "fit" and "fill" in the form of tooltips would be nice. I have no idea what this means, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Lastly, the "keep aspect ratio" option doesn't seem to work. Even if I select just one photo for conversion, entering pixel dimension for one side doesn't change the other number, which makes the user confused what the resulting resolution will be. Maybe change it so that when that checkbox is checked, you get to select only either length or width of the picture?
Jochen S.

Re: Batch conversion

Post by Jochen S. »

Octopuss wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:54 pm I would like to be able to specify the size below which an image will be skipped.
You should be able to do that with batch convert > actions > add action > resize > mode = longest side, enlarge/reduce = reduce only.
Octopuss

Post by Octopuss »

Ok, I'll try that.
Btw, what's the best resample algorithm?
Octopuss

Post by Octopuss »

I there any way to automatically resize vertical photos in a different way than horizontal?
The long edge approach doesn't work for these.