Request: Precise Zooming

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

budz45
XnThusiast

Request: Precise Zooming

Post by budz45 »

Hi,

It would be nice to be able to have a Precise Zoom or Fine Zooming feature in where I can Zoom a picture in the Viewer by each 1%

Currently if I have a picture in the Viewer that is 100% then I want to zoom more then it only can zoom into the next fixed value (example 140%)...

...What if I want to finely zoom into 101% or 102%

I would like to be able to use {Ctrl+Mouse wheel} OR {Shift+Mouse Wheel} tobe able to use the feature. Every user would benefit from this feature.
All My Topics || my 'MP' Topics
My own Bookmarked topics--->for me only
budz45
XnThusiast

Re: Request: Precise Zooming

Post by budz45 »

So by using Ctrl hotkey with the Mouse wheel the user can immediately start zooming in the Fixed step even when 'relative step' is enabled

the ctrl would be a toggle for it :)
Clipboard 1.png
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

budz45 wrote:It would be nice to be able to have a Precise Zoom or Fine Zooming feature in where I can Zoom a picture in the Viewer by each 1%

Currently if I have a picture in the Viewer that is 100% then I want to zoom more then it only can zoom into the next fixed value (example 140%)...
In Tools > Settings... > View it is possible to set the Zoom step to Fixed step = 1 which gives a 1% step and is quite quick to set...
budz45 wrote:It would be nice to be able to have a Precise Zoom or Fine Zooming feature in where I can Zoom a picture in the Viewer by each 1%

...What if I want to finely zoom into 101% or 102%
The status bar currently displays the zoom level which can be stepped in 1% steps, seemingly after entering a zoom value in the box:

Image_1.png
So two possible workarounds that may meet your needs, the second very quick if you can confirm it...
budz45 wrote:I would like to be able to use {Ctrl+Mouse wheel} OR {Shift+Mouse Wheel} to be able to use the feature.
budz45 wrote:So by using Ctrl hotkey with the Mouse wheel the user can immediately start zooming in the Fixed step even when 'relative step' is enabled

the Ctrl would be a toggle for it :)
So in Tools > Settings > Interface -- Mouse tab for 'Mouse wheel + CTRL' add a new option 'Zoom in/out 1%' or 'Fine' ?

Yes, that would be neat and useful, and probably easily added, but the status bar zoom control option above already comes quite close.

+1
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

cday wrote: Yes, that would be neat and useful, and probably easily added, but the status bar zoom control option above already comes quite close.

+1
Thanks for your supportive reply.

Yes the status bar zoom is a good workaround especially as the user can mouse hover above that status bar box and mouse wheel to do a Fixed step zoom, however, what if the user wants to do a Fixed step zoom in Fullscreen with no status bar available??

This is why I still support a Ctrl+Mouse wheel feature
Clipboard 1XX.png
An option can be added for it here within the Qt combobox for Mouse wheel (Settings>Interface>Mouse)

For both "mouse wheel" and "Mouse wheel + ctrl" it should now look like this:
Zoom in/out (relative step)
Zoom in/out (fixed step)

:D
budz45
XnThusiast

Post by budz45 »

Maybe as a UI-less Ini Tweak, see this topic: http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=24968